• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I was given a pouch for a buck knife and I am trying to find out which Buck knife should be in it? It is camouflage leaf pattern in color, two velcro tabs close its top shut, and its embroidered BUCK in brown on the front. Right now a Glock-23 magazine fits in it just fine, but I wanna shop E-Bay and put the right folder in there where it ought to be. Sombody said a locking folder with a black plastic handle.

Beats the heckouta me?:dunno:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Buck Alpha Crosslock PBS would be my guess. I have seen several different styles and color combination sheaths for these over the years, some all black sheaths and some camo colored sheaths.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks Brad, I will check out that lead, has a US Flag made in America tag on the reverse with a blue eagle I guess on the back of that tag. Like I said, holds a G-23 mag perfectly, and the belt loop is at the top atattched to the velcro closure.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    No, might be a Crosslock, but the sheaths/pouch shown with those models has a sheath/pouch with a snap closure....................hmm wished I had a digi cam for a pic.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I think it's for a "Buck Lite". Have one in orange/camo with a plastic grip. Looks like a 110, but economy style. Have a compass and a fire flint/mag bar on a paracord neck laynard attached to the cordura case. Great combo for hiking or hunting. Never tried it as a mag case? Should be fine.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Nope not yet, gotta get my kid to take a pic with her phone and e-mail it to me so I can post it here, ebay searched my buns off, I have seen the same pouch before, never paid attention to it till now, just want to know which BUCK folder to put in it, but for now a 10 rd range mag is sitting in it at the bottom of my range bag.

Yep, Knife Lady, I thought of you guys, once we figure out what go's in it, I'll definatly get whatever it is to go in it!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    dang it I have pics, but cant remember how to get them from my e-mail to posting here, working on it.stay tuned (or if somebody can help me out, I can e-mail you the pics of the pouch)

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Here it is.............front side

picture.php

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    oh wow thats from a buck they made in the early to mid 80's, it was a brown plastic handle 110(think it was called the bucklite?)

i remember going to the cutlery world in eastland mall and drooling over that knife! i wanted it bad, my uncle was in town for christmas he,my dad and i went to the mall and i went into the store to look at it again, my uncle asked my dad what i was doing, he said he's going to look at a knife he wants, my uncle said what, is he going to steal it? my dad replied "NO IF HE CANT AFFORD IT HE WONT GET IT! HE WOULD NEVER STEAL ANYTHING!".

that night i opened my christmas gift from my uncle, guess what i got! i carried that knife everywhere but being young and dumb, i lost it, but i'd bet you a dollar to a doughnut thats what its from!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I got it a buck lite 422 off e bay, for $13, looks brand new:rockwoot:

Buck 422 A Black Hard Plastic Pocket Knife | eBay

congrats...but i hate to break it to you, mine had a brown handle, the first one's that came out had the camo case and a brown handle...later they came out with black case and a black handle, also they had two styles of handle, the one with the pebbled finish(like mine) and the one that was smooth with either 1 or 3 lines running alone the sides just below the lock back(i cant remember the number)

but congrats that's a cool knife that i still miss

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    going to zombiefy this thread, my sister was cleaning upstairs at my dads house and found my old buck knife, the sheath is in bad shape, but the knife is in great shape, i added the thumb stud, but there she is in all her glory, of all the knives i've owned, this means the most, its a gift, and i'll never get rid of(or loose) it again.
    View attachment 28388

yestarday i cleaned her up, put a new edge on her, and she's going into the case with all my other knives

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    That's awesome that you found it!
    Kinda makes me want to search for a couple of old pocket knives I had that belonged to my dad. I know they're packed up somewhere.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have one of those somewhere. I got it as a gift when I was in college and it was a daily carry knife for a few years. I once used it to sever a free-hanging one-inch manila rope when some blacksmith buddies were showing off a big knife they'd just finished. They were a little surprised.

going to zombiefy this thread, my sister was cleaning upstairs at my dads house and found my old buck knife, the sheath is in bad shape, but the knife is in great shape, i added the thumb stud, but there she is in all her glory, of all the knives i've owned, this means the most, its a gift, and i'll never get rid of(or loose) it again.
    View attachment 28388

yestarday i cleaned her up, put a new edge on her, and she's going into the case with all my other knives

Top Bottom