Help me start a Neighborhood Watch program!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rafterman191

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Last week, Officer Brent Long was shot while serving a felony warrant 2 blocks from my house. I live in a pretty nice area and I feel a little responsible for the condition of the immediate neighborhood. I would like to start a watch or reporting program that would encourage concerned neighbors. Working with LE to collect info that could be useful. I know in my old neighborhood, I was able to make some positive changes just by staying alert and contacting LE at the right times. I would appreciate any suggestions, especially specifics on organization assistance or LE protocol when working with watch programs.:patriot:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I'd suggest contacting your local PD & ask for a "liaison", then print up a bunch of flyers with a date/time for anyone interested in joining your neighborhood watch group, hopefully the liaison can attend the meeting and give out some advice to the group.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have a program that is based around one ham operator and other volunteers in the hood, that report on their areas via frs/gmrs. During an emergency, each section reports to the HAM operator who reports to the Emergency Operations Center, the help needed or that all is good and to not waste resources checking our hood. This could easily be dovetailed into a watch program. PM me if you want some details.

rafterman191

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I'd suggest contacting your local PD & ask for a "liaison", then print up a bunch of flyers with a date/time for anyone interested in joining your neighborhood watch group, hopefully the liaison can attend the meeting and give out some advice to the group.

My Brother-in-Law was just sworn in a couple months back. Sounds like a good project for him :D

Top Bottom