• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Mooresville
    I have a Draco AK 47 pistol, it has a front sling mount only. I would like to do a single point sling and mount it somewhere in the back. Any suggestions-ideas. I dont know if there is a way to do some kinda attachment off the base of the pistol grip or on the trunion.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    If you are handy with power tools (Drill) you can make a small hole in the rear trunnion .

I don't have any pics of it but it's a pretty simple process .

Find a swivel mount (with a threaded stud) you want to use and drill a hole the same size as the threaded stud on the mount .

You might have to "wallow" out the hole SLIGHTLY .

You have to make sure that the stud is long enough to allow for a nut (on the inside) to secure it .

Run the stud through the hole , screw on the nut and give it a few drops of lock tight and your G2G , sling away .

sinn4guitar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Atlanta
    If you don't want to drill just get a loop sling loosen the grip and trap it between the grip and receiver. Worked great on mine with no slip

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I cut a half circle through the rear of the upper part of the handgrip (where it meets the receiver) and tied some 550 cord around the bolt that holds the hand grip on. The knot of the 550 is hidden inside the grip, and I clip a sling on for single point. I also put a loop of 550 through the front sling attachment point so I can use a 2 point sling too.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    If your still looking for a way to do a rear sling mount, the best thing I've found is a Grovetec QD sling swivel. It gives a great finished look and the mount is recessed into the trunnion.

Top Bottom