Hendricks county animal control is useless, and our laws are a joke.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not sure what was more profound, the sad or the mad. Sad for a beautiful sick bird, or mad for animal control.

So I called in a pizza order and hit the drive thru pickup. As I stop at the window I see a hawk standing on the drive in my way at the corner of the building about 4 car lengths ahead. He isnt budging, and appears to be staring me down. Odd. Worker tells me hes been there for a while and wont budge. She said they called animal control, and were told "we cant help you. You have to have special permits to handle endangered animals like that." Seriously? Hendricks county animal control cant handle ALL animals? How sick and perverted are our laws that those in charge of caring for animals in need are hamstrung and prohibited from helping?

I told them to call the DNR (because the idiot at animal control didnt) and tried to leave. I figured rolling forward slowly would get him to at least walk away. Nope. He wasnt budging. He was like the dude in Tienanmen Square and I was the tank driver. They finally had to get one of the delivery drivers to move his car so I could drive around the poor little guy. It saddened me that there was nothing I could do to help.

Well, I COULD have put him out of his misery with my G19 from 3' away, (yes, he would let you get that close) but I dont think the patrons eating dinner would have appreciated my "To Kill a Mockingbird" method of putting an animal out of its misery.

Oh, and some idiots thought they would try to feed the hungry, CARNIVOROUS bird... by throwing club crackers to it. *facepalm*

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Imagine 911 dispatch saying." sorry, federal law says we can't dispatch an officer for THAT crime because our officers aren't certified for it. " :n00b:

Insane.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Now I've put injured deer down but I might hesitate for a bird in a parking lot...ricochet. Well, they could dispatch me and I could take up time to show up and tell you in person that I can't do anything or the dispatcher can tell you that over the phone and save me the trouble. I wish they would do that more often really.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Imagine 911 dispatch saying." sorry, federal law says we can't dispatch an officer for THAT crime because our officers aren't certified for it. " :n00b:

Insane.

I thought that was the case with immigration law; or do the Feds just remove the handcuffs and turn them loose when they take custody?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, they are protected by Federal Law. I'm guessing the local folks don't want to deal with it.

Besides, it is a flippin' bird. Shoo it away if it is bothering you.

Top Bottom