• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    I purchased a henry 17 hmr last spring. I wanted a 17 hmr and a lever action so i killed two birds with one stone. I put a scope on it and have about 250 rounds through it. It was hard to manipulate the hammer with the scope on the rifle so this winter i put an uncle mike's hammer extension on it. We have had some nice weather so i look it out for some paper work and now it has a problem. Sometimes it won't fire. It might fire 5 rounds in a row and then one will FTF and it might take 5 trys to get it to fire. I shot 50 rounds with around 10 FTF rounds. Could the hammer extension be causing this? nothing else has changed since this fall. Could decocking the hammer have caused this problem? :dunno:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It worked before adding the extension, and not after. I would suggest removing the extension and seeing what happens.

Did you have to disassemble anything to install the hammer extension? If so, did it all go back together right?

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    The extension just bolts onto the hammer. I'll try taking it off. Not soon though since my wife just had twins this morning. My arms will be full for a while.
    :rockwoot:

Top Bottom