• ...and so much more!
  • Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I took a class with Coach for introduction to uspsa a couple of years ago, was a great idea he talked about the different classes and how it was scored.
    It made things easier to understand and Made me more comfortable.
    I think it helped but I still suck.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Anyone have any info or experience with the Intro to USPSA Match at HHRP?
    I'm thinking it could be just what I need.
    Thanks!
    This would be a good week to go CZ as it is meeting night as well.
    I have only been to one of these USPSA matches (addicted to steel). It was set up with one stage to the left and one stage to the right as you would look down the rifle range. The club's range is fairly small/limited.
    Here is the email address from their calendar: hhrpclub@gmail.com

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Sorry, didn't see this in time. For future reference, all of our "intro to" matches are more because it isn't a sanctioned match and we'll give all the guidance and coaching you want (or not give what you don't). They aren't formal instruction about how to shoot the match. Friendly local folks, low pressure.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Sorry, didn't see this in time. For future reference, all of our "intro to" matches are more because it isn't a sanctioned match and we'll give all the guidance and coaching you want (or not give what you don't). They aren't formal instruction about how to shoot the match. Friendly local folks, low pressure.
    Good points russc. (see you Monday)

CS Top, did you go to the event?

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Aron (Coach) used to run several of these years ago and it was great. He would take notes and actually email people individually after each class.

I've thought about reintroducing them at some point through Riley CC but my time has been limited and my source of knowledge isn't nearly as deep as his and my classification shows it. Lol

I don't necessarily think this is the year due to the ammo and component crunch but may approach this next year with the Riley and WVPPS folks.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    I took a couple of people to Coach’s last one that I don’t think would get to a match without having done the Intro class.

Since the safety rules and range commands are the same, I’d pitch it as Intro to USPSA & Steel Challenge. Make the fee the same as a regular match, 50-rounds so they only need one box, and it would be cool if you could record scores and wrap up back in the classroom showing them the scores on Practiscore.

I’m too busy to commit to anything, but I could maybe help with the classroom part of a class like that.

Top Bottom