kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    It was a source of wonder to me that the HPFF staff reacted so angrily to pointed but very legitimate questions. I have some of my own that I'll be taking up directly with Hi Point / Beemiller. Namely if the ATI stock and Pro Mag hi cap were such stress inducers , even to the point of causing catastrophic failures, why wasn't this reported so HP owners could avoid these products thus avoiding both warranty cancellation and dangerous mechanical failures?

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    It was a source of wonder to me that the HPFF staff reacted so angrily to pointed but very legitimate questions. I have some of my own that I'll be taking up directly with Hi Point / Beemiller. Namely if the ATI stock and Pro Mag hi cap were such stress inducers , even to the point of causing catastrophic failures, why wasn't this reported so HP owners could avoid these products thus avoiding both warranty cancellation and dangerous mechanical failures?

These questions were exactly what I was attempting to get them to answer. I got no response, only "it's all ATI's and ProMags fault". What REALLY got me, was when it was said that the problems, "could be corrected by simply using stiffer springs"!:ugh: And yet HP continued to fix firearms, and now complain about the costs involved????

I can't understand why the Mod that closed the thread got so bent. And who the hell is he? Seems to me he could use alittle anger management class. But hey, everyone's 6'5" and 280 lbs on the internet.:D

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    The warranty , under review, is a considerable part of HP appeal. Carbines are much more likely to be used modded with aftermarket stocks and Pro Mag hi caps so carbine owners/potential owners should be aware of the revision under consideration by HP.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Very generous indeed. Just wish HP would've let out the word on these wrecking ball accessories sooner. If a manufacturer of a firearm has certain knowledge that particular items or mods are causing damage, even catastrophic damage/ failures to it's guns that information should be made available to owners of the affected arms.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Very generous indeed. Just wish HP would've let out the word on these wrecking ball accessories sooner. If a manufacturer of a firearm has certain knowledge that particular items or mods are causing damage, even catastrophic damage/ failures to it's guns that information should be made available to owners of the affected arms.

I agree totally!:yesway: Just don't make those comments over on HP forums. One of their mods will tear into you. He doesn't like anyone asking questions, or offering opinions on this issue. Let's see... I believe he called me a liar, accused me of saying Hi Point was lying, and also didn't give a f**k what I, or others thought. Nice huh? Not real good public relations for Hi Point IMO.

I also agree HP has been WAY too generous with their warranty, that is what's going to make this such a big problem for them IMO.... IF IT HAPPENS. No word directly from Hi Point yet.

Last edited:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Yeah, they got pretty ugly with you quick. I think the realization that they were creating a PR disaster for HP was driving that anger, they just wanted the whole ugly subject to go away. I'll be continuing my discourse with HP directly via US mail.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Yeah, they got pretty ugly with you quick. I think the realization that they were creating a PR disaster for HP was driving that anger, they just wanted the whole ugly subject to go away. I'll be continuing my discourse with HP directly via US mail.

I'm considering calling HP and telling what is going on over there. This guy was just way outa line. As I've said, very bad PR for them, which is NOT what they need right now.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Spoke on the phone today with a lady named Fran at Hi Point. Very cordial and candid conversation. She confirmed and pretty much reiterated what had been posted on possible warranty changes by HPFF staff. The ATI stock and to a lesser but still significant degree Pro-Mag magazines are causing a large amount of damage to 995 carbines and the cost of warranty repairs to these guns so affected has become a major issue with HP management. Nothing final yet on a final decision, but this issue is on the mind of HP's owner.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I never had a problem with mine...eats anything I feed it. I have the newer model with the new style stock.....One other note: they are on sale at cabela's for $209.99 till Jan. 17th.

Top Bottom