• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Has anyone had to contact S&W regarding any of your firearms? I have been on hold not with the Jazz music and our call is important to you for over 30 minutes. Just wondering what the normal wait time is. How was your experience with them? I Have a M&P 45c and a 45 Full size. Well, the firing pin/striker is having some major issues on the 45c. Its barely making an indention and I get about 1 misfire per clip. I assume its broke.

Anyways, just curious on what S&W customer service was like. This was the first time having to use them .

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Has anyone had to contact S&W regarding any of your firearms? I have been on hold not with the Jazz music and our call is important to you for over 30 minutes. Just wondering what the normal wait time is. How was your experience with them? I Have a M&P 45c and a 45 Full size. Well, the firing pin/striker is having some major issues on the 45c. Its barely making an indention and I get about 1 misfire per clip. I assume its broke.

Anyways, just curious on what S&W customer service was like. This was the first time having to use them .

I called them when the Fiber Optic Rod fell out of my MP, just to find out who their supplier was. They offered to send me a new front sight. I declined. Had no hold time.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    I have to say I just got off the phone with them and its probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They person picked up the phone and said "uh huh, or yeah" Kind of hard to here them mumbling. I told them my issue. They said they dont sell the parts and they are on a 6 week backup if I send it in and not guaranteed that it would be covered. I ask how they dont sell the parts because Ive seen them listed on other sites (Brownells) and distributed by S&W themselves. She said, I dont know, just looking at my computer and thats what it says. So I asked if I had any other options or if she knew if there was an easier solution, she said no sorry, if you decide to send it in call back and hung up the phone. Very shocked and displeased with them right now.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I had some hold time when I called, but they treated me well - had me send in my handgun, and when it still didn't meet my expectations, they scrapped it and offered me the value towards a tradein..

**Edit to add**

There's probably quite a bit of liability involved in them just sending out parts. What if you put it in incorrectly and hurt yourself? In this kind of environment where people are going to court all the time, they're probably not going to do a lot of things that leave them open to trouble..

Last edited:

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have to say I just got off the phone with them and its probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They person picked up the phone and said "uh huh, or yeah" Kind of hard to here them mumbling. I told them my issue. They said they dont sell the parts and they are on a 6 week backup if I send it in and not guaranteed that it would be covered. I ask how they dont sell the parts because Ive seen them listed on other sites (Brownells) and distributed by S&W themselves. She said, I dont know, just looking at my computer and thats what it says. So I asked if I had any other options or if she knew if there was an easier solution, she said no sorry, if you decide to send it in call back and hung up the phone. Very shocked and displeased with them right now.

She just said "if you decide to send it in call back" and hung the phone up on you without waiting for a response from you?

Something doesn't seem right.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've only ever dealt with them via email when i had to send in my M&P9 Pro. On the plus side they took care of the issues both times I had to send it and didn't have it very long. On the down side, despite the fact that I had a huge note pleading with the customer service rep and the tech plus an email to the rep asking to be contacted so I could at least explain what was happening there was no contact. All I know is that about 4 or 5 days after sending it out it came back with a new slide on it. That is the sum total of my experience with S&W. I've had more issues with my M&P autos than any other gun (2 with my 9 Pro and 2 with my used M&P45) but they are all fixed and are fantastic weapons.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    I am promising on everything that is the scenario. I offered to pay for the part, I wasnt wanting anything for free. Just wanting a part from the dealer as I am a fan of OEM stuff. I am not one to through a fit over the phone. And I wasnt throwing a fit over this as I know there are aftermarket parts that can be ordered, but again, I called S&W to see if I could get THEIR part.

But apparently someone peed in her fruit loops this morning. I called back and spoke to an employee who was willing to at least attempt to assist and he did. Said that they can send out a part, but the work wont be warrantied (of course since Id be putting it in) but the part is still covered. He told me it was on back order for a few days but should have it by mid month. I told him not a problem. That all I was looking for was the part, not a hand out.

Guess its just like any other company. The experience is determine by who you encounter. Not mad at S&W as a whole, I know stuff happens, but just thought a large company working the front line might employ those with a better attitude.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Just out of curiousity - why not send it in, let them fix it, and have it be under warranty? I figure the gun is out of commission anyhow - why not let them take care of it?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am promising on everything that is the scenario. I offered to pay for the part, I wasnt wanting anything for free. Just wanting a part from the dealer as I am a fan of OEM stuff. I am not one to through a fit over the phone. And I wasnt throwing a fit over this as I know there are aftermarket parts that can be ordered, but again, I called S&W to see if I could get THEIR part.

But apparently someone peed in her fruit loops this morning. I called back and spoke to an employee who was willing to at least attempt to assist and he did. Said that they can send out a part, but the work wont be warrantied (of course since Id be putting it in) but the part is still covered. He told me it was on back order for a few days but should have it by mid month. I told him not a problem. That all I was looking for was the part, not a hand out.

Guess its just like any other company. The experience is determine by who you encounter. Not mad at S&W as a whole, I know stuff happens, but just thought a large company working the front line might employ those with a better attitude.

I actually called on Monday and had a similar experience. Very long wait time and the person I got in contact with was less than helpful. The QD mount (female attachment point) on my MOE 15-22 fell out on the third trip to the range and I did not notice it until cleaning the gun a day or so later.

I found half of the ambi QD mount and the bolt that is supposed to hold it in my rifle bag but the other half had obviously fallen out at the range, and since it appears to be specifically fit into the polymer receiver of the gun, I could not just go out and buy another.

The person I spoke to on Monday half heartedly took my info and said they had none in stock in the parts area and he would try and get me one at some point.

I called back on Tuesday, waited even longer on the phone, but got in contact with another person who said they were having phone issues, but took my info, said there were none in the parts area, but he did see that they had them in the production area and would seek approval to pull one from there and send it to me. He also provided a "no charge order number", which gave me a bit more faith that I will receive the replacement part.
    He also said he did not see any order in the system under my name/address from the day before, so I'm glad I called back.

The jury is still out on their CS for me, but we will see.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Yea, I got a 7 digit (I believe) number the second time I called back. Said it was back ordered for about 7-10 and wold ship 2 day. We will see. Guess I just expected more. The first lady may not be qualified to lick the stamp.

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    I had occasion to call S&W for 1) The front night sight on my M&P 9c was lost likely during an extensive Defensive Handgun course when I put about 600 rds through it. 2) I recently purchased an M&P 45c and found that I could only put 7 rds into each of the 8 rd magazines. I called S&W, explained the problem. They sent me a prepaid shipping label, I sent in the 9c slide, one 45c magazine and had them back within about 8 days together with an extra spring for the other 45c magazine. I was quite pleased with their service.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    I got new sights installed on my M&P 40 pro, and my gun returned 7 days later .... this was back in .... July-ish i believe.

Well, I asked both of them what the wait was to repait guns and I was told 6 weeks by the PMSer and 5-6 due to holidays due to the gentleman who actually helped me. I was just going by their quotes.

Top Bottom