Hollywood finally recognizes Lincoln lived in Indiana..Great new film out....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wife and I downloaded this the other night....Over 50 films on Lincoln and none ever focused on his boyhood in Spencer County when Indiana was still a frontier and a suburb of Kentucky...The film is different...It's more like scenes filmed with excerpts from his cousins book on which the film is based...He lived with the Lincoln's after his parents died in Kentucky and was a few years older than Abraham and watched him grow up...The film focuses on Lincoln's mother (who died when he was young) and Nancy Hanks whom Lincoln's father went down to Kentucky to bring back to help him raise his kids....Very common on the Frontier due to the high mortality rate....It's filmed in Black and White and is an "Artsy" film but it is beautiful....You just see little snippets that shaped him and who he would become...I enjoyed it and the wife did as well...He grew up about 20 miles due west of our little farm in Perry County and it was nice seeing this area represented in a film....

[video=youtube;IS-5G5X9BFE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS-5G5X9BFE[/video]

Variety review...

http://variety.com/2014/film/reviews/film-review-the-better-angels-1201350349/

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Finally indeed.
    It always puzzles me how the history books focus so much on his birthplace of Hodgenville, KY and his adult life in Illinois, but they somehow always neglect to point out that he spent his formative years in Indiana, where he developed his values.
    I daresay that Lincoln's character grew from the Hoosier state more than anywhere else by far.

Top Bottom