• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Just reworked the home range. Added a new mini plate (4 1/4" plates) rack for rimfire and a new 10" plate from Bobcat as well. The "pit" is 8' x 21', wall is 10' thick in the back. The pistol & rifle side is 20" higher. The pistol & rifle section on the left is also backed by 2 layers of telephone poles sunk in the ground 3 1/2'. That was my range from last year. I decided to expand it this year but didn't have access to more poles. They're not really needed but allow you to use less dirt when piling it higher. The highest part is 8'. Added sides to capture splatter coming off the steel. I still want to add a dueling tree before calling it finished.

From 25 yrds:

001.jpg

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Right now they just sit on the 3x4" rails. They have a small flat welded to the bottom. A friend made them for me. I've hit them with 30-06 and they barely made a dent.

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    It's been a dream of mine to have a range/clays area on my own property, then my wife found a perfect house for us on the wrong side of the city/county line...

Looks like a nice setup & a well built backstop.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    You're welcome any time. Both of them are done. Just need to get them sighted in. My big picnic table broke so I have to fix it so we have a shooting bench again. Just picked up the lumber yesterday. I finally have all the 300 blackout dies so I'll be working up a loads for that as well. I want to add a Bobcat dueling tree but the cash went for a can for the 300. I guess it's time to sell off more R/C stuff.

Top Bottom