• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Well, I just built my first 10/22 and was trying to decide on what buffer to buy. I've looked at them all but all reviews were the same, more or less just saying they work. The prices were anywhere from $5-19 for one piece, or two piece designs but i figured i'd just make one myself.

I'd read about others doing this so i gave it a try. I had some 1/4" O.D. clear tubing laying around and a used 1/8" drill bit to give it some added strength. I cut the pieces down to the lenth of the original bolt stop pin and installed all of it.

It turned out very well i think. Not nearly as loud in the action and it was FREE! Here are a few pics...

Stock pin...

RangeReport007.jpg

New buffer...

RangeReport009.jpg

Installed!

RangeReport011.jpg

btgarner0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Southern IN
    Well, I just built my first 10/22 and was trying to decide on what buffer to buy. I've looked at them all but all reviews were the same, more or less just saying they work. The prices were anywhere from $5-19 for one piece, or two piece designs but i figured i'd just make one myself.

I'd read about others doing this so i gave it a try. I had some 1/4" O.D. clear tubing laying around and a used 1/8" drill bit to give it some added strength. I cut the pieces down to the lenth of the original bolt stop pin and installed all of it.

It turned out very well i think. Not nearly as loud in the action and it was FREE! Here are a few pics...
    Stock pin...

RangeReport007.jpg

New buffer...

RangeReport009.jpg

Installed!

RangeReport011.jpg
    Very nice work!!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Buffers

It will be interesting to see how that buffer holds up.

Volquartzen's bolt buffers used to be made like that. Some sort of tube on a steel pin. I think they are now just like all the others. Just a piece of urethane rod.

Simon6101, please tell us more about the barrel removal tool. Sounds interesting.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Very nice work!!

Thanks bt!

It will be interesting to see how that buffer holds up.

Volquartzen's bolt buffers used to be made like that. Some sort of tube on a steel pin. I think they are now just like all the others. Just a piece of urethane rod.

Simon6101, please tell us more about the barrel removal tool. Sounds interesting.

I am still looking for a solid piece of 1/8" rod, with the shank of the bit stopping just short of the far side of the reciever i figure that'll be the breaking point. Trial and error, i'll get it sooner or later.

:+1: Simon, i'd like to hear about the tool also, i haven't heard of this.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    On order

I have it on order and will be providing its services through Bradis when it arrives. Should be here Wed. or Thursday. It uses the front trigger pin and pushes the barrel ot with a few turns of a 1/2 inch wrench.

Top Bottom