• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sorry if this has been talked about before, but does anyone else watch this show on Discovery (And sometimes Animal Planet)? They do a lot of cool stuff, but it's a reality show and I guess if you have access to huge excavators and such out in the middle of the wilderness, that budget booster has to help. Just watched them help with Jason Nash's (Graham Nash's son) "homestead" on Kauai.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do until it becomes obvious things are scripted to enhance the dramatic. But all reality shows do this especially the automotive based ones.
    They do build some cool ****.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    They have a knack of finding heavy equipment to borrow or rent dirt cheap. Some of the things that I have seen should take way longer then they have in time they have. Overall I do like the show.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They have a knack of finding heavy equipment to borrow or rent dirt cheap. Some of the things that I have seen should take way longer then they have in time they have. Overall I do like the show.
    I'd like to see how many crew members they actually have on site to actually accomplish what they do. Ain't no way that 3 people (plus the homesteaders) are doing some of the stuff they do in a week. If they can, then we need to hire them for highway projects! :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And the money they say they spend sounds suspect.

"So to review, this week we re-routed a river, built a suspension bridge, built a new 3 bedroom home, installed solar power for the home, dug a 250' deep well and built a windmill to pump water. Total cost - $300.00."

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Just watched them help with Jason Nash's (Graham Nash's son) "homestead" on Kauai.
    That's funny. I was flippin channels last night and caught a couple minutes of that episode. I was like, how do these dirty hippies have enough $$$ to have acreage in Hawaii? :n00b:

Now I know.

Top Bottom