Please reply by conversation.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    SOLD

I currently have two motorcycles, a 250 and this monster 1300. This bike is awesome, but I have not been doing many long rides, and when I'm just running around town I have found myself choosing the 250 more often than not. I only put about 650 miles on the 1300 in 2013, and so I'm thinking about letting her go. I'm not sure that I'm a two-bike guy. :)

The VTX1300R is an awesome bike, and this is a particularly nice specimen. It's a shaft-driven cruiser with plenty of power for long highway trips or riding 2-up. Mine is a 2005 model, and it only has 9431 miles as of today. It has been meticulously maintained, with the 600-, 4000-, and 8000-mile services done at Noblesville Honda. In addition to the regular services, I am a bit anal and like to change the oil and oil filter before winter storage.

This year, I made the following upgrades and extra preventative maintenance:

--New rear tire
    --Blue Stingerz LED kit
    --New Saddlemen leather saddlebags
    --Koso digital temperature gauge
    --Drilled and tapped the rear of the pipes, so that bolts can be inserted or removed to adjust the loudness of the exhaust (with all holes plugged, it purrs nicely...remove the bolts and it has a much meaner-sounding growl)
    --Changed brake fluid
    --Changed final drive oil
    --Changed coolant

The bike also has a bunch of nice extras:

--Mustang seat, and Mustang passenger seat and sissy bar (these are awesome--I could ride all day on this thing)
    --Very nice windshield--the bike is quite comfortable to ride even at speeds exceeding the interstate limit ;)
    --Chrome side covers
    --Throttle boss
    --Chrome petcock base cover
    --Chrome driveshaft cover
    --Driver and passenger floorboards
    --Highway pegs
    --Heel-toe shifter
    --Charging cable to allow you to trickle-charge the battery without removing it
    --Curved, chrome license plate holder

Here she is:
    DSC00478.JPG

Koso digital gauge:
    DSC00404.JPG

Effect of the LED kit (these are pictures of the actual bike, in my driveway):
    IMG_6315.JPG

IMG_6318.JPG

Nothing needs to be done to this bike--I mean nothing. You could hop on her today and ride to LA. (Believe me, that fantasy has crossed my mind a time or two.) The front tire may need replaced in another year or two, but you will have trouble finding anything else to do to it!

I'm located in Pendleton. Please PM me if you have any questions. This is a gorgeous bike, and I think she probably deserves to be ridden more than I have been riding her.

Last edited:

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Thinking about this again...asking price $6150.

EDIT: Just posted it on Craigslist, and decided to reduce the asking price to $5999. I think that's a pretty good price compared to other "R" model VTXs that are out there, especially given the low mileage and extras. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom