• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Has anyone used this? Does it require a thorough drying afterward? I even went to Hornady's site and cant find an answer. If its as bad as simple green as far as a dry and relube, well SG is cheaper. However if i can just drip dry and reoil like a normal field strip I might be interested. Thanks fella's

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    You want cheap? This is as cheap as you can get and was taught to me by a master gunsmith

Take your parts and put them in a large plastic container. Pour enough hot water over them to cover by about an inch. Add a quarter cup of dishwashing liquid.

Put the container on top of the clothes washer as a load of clothes are going through. You may have to repeat this once again for extra dirty parts.

Rinse and dry. They'll be mostly spotless. Relube and you're good to go.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I'm looking to eliminate the rinse and dry then relube portion for the least money. I already have the U S cleaner just curious if Hornady's cleaner caused rust, dish soap and water do. Would be even better not to strip and dry and lube, just toss it in count to 1200 and wipe it off and put it away.

Top Bottom