• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Ya I remember the coffee case. It was made to sound like some lady spilled coffee cause she was an idiot and then sued because she didn't want to take responsibility.
    The other side of the story was that Fast food restaurants, not just McDonalds, during this time period kept their coffee crazy hot because the coffee vendor told them it made better coffee. The lady wasn't the first to get burned. And not just like, "crap! That was hot." More like go to the hospital with severe burns. As stated she wasn't the first that this happened to. McDonalds had been warned over and over that they had a safety issue. She sued for multiple reasons, Medical bills, retirement, she never worked again. (Ya I know she was old to begin with.) And to get them to change the practice. It worked the practice has since been changed.
    Not as frivolous sounding when you hear the other side.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Watched it today! The coffee story sure ended up quite different than I was led to believe way back when. Its really unfortunate how propaganda is used to change everything. Its even more upsetting that the American journalist do not conduct more investigation before they report of ferret out these kinds of events. It was also interesting to see how much Karl Rove came up during that documentary. While I would say that was a documentary by liberals or dems whichever, i'm not sure I felt any better about either side. It seemed to me that both sides are just as responsible as the other in causing all of this crap. Sadness...........

Top Bottom