behind you
    uBg2u.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have to wonder if you can fix boats in that situation or just junk them.:dunno:
    I'm not boat expert, but I would say any well constructed boat could be fixed. Get a crane in there to lift it off the building and onto a trailer and take it back to the water.

The US repaired all but 3 of the ships that were damaged or sank in Pearl Harbor. Most of those were repaired within 2 to 3 weeks.

I would say it's definitely possible.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Kind of reminds me of a piece of property I saw in SE Indiana. Guy actually had a house boat on blocks in his yard. Two of us were looking at it and it appeared that he was using it as an extension of mobile home. I wanted to take a picture but the landowner was giving us the evil eye. Lesson learned here is that boats make great rec rooms with a little remodeling.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    so now i guess its ok to make house boat jokes about japan without getting negative repped. watchout, daniel ocean might be by shortly to neg rep you for being "inappropriate"

Rep is given for the way a person, any person, feels about a post.

Had he given you an "infraction", it might've been a different story, as we don't currently have a ban on Japanese house boat jokes. (and who's to say the OP was even joking?)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Rep is given for the way a person, any person, feels about a post.

Had he given you an "infraction", it might've been a different story, as we don't currently have a ban on Japanese house boat jokes. (and who's to say the OP was even joking?)

im not offended. i think its funny and was just making a joke about it.

now to address the part in black: I was born at night Evan, but it wasnt last night

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This made me laugh!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Actually what he said is quite doable. Whether or not the insurance company wants to deal with it is the real question. Knowing as little as I do about Japanese culture, I'm guessing that it would be seen as somewhat insensitive to worry about ones boat amid so much human devastation.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It is certainly possible but I think his point was where are you going
    to get a crane, and how are you going to get it in there when the
    place is essentially totally destroyed.
    That's probably the insurance company's and/or owner's problem. I just answered the question that was asked, "Can a boat in this situation be fixed?". I don't see how my answer was laughable.

I'm sure that a houseboat of significant size like that would be worth salvaging if there is no major structural damage. Getting the crane in there may not be as difficult as you might think. Certainly wouldn't be a good idea to worry about getting it in there right now, but you could go in there, shore up some supports for the boat, and wait until the surrounding wreckage gets cleaned up enough to get a crane and trailer in there. It's not like the boat is going to be going anywhere before then. :laugh:

Top Bottom