• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Not sure how I missed this article. I am following TPC pretty heavily these days and just finished reading a good book by the late Ron Avery (one of the founders of TPC), called Reactive Shooting Science. Anyway the following article came across my screen today. I have to admit, even with my bias it surprised me. Maybe because I associate with a number of very good LE shooters. Give it a read, and when you get time see where you fall.

Last edited:

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    Not surprising. For a number of years at my prior agency (50 sworn), I tracked some standardized drills, El Pres, Bill Drill, and a plate rack to track officer's performance over a period of time. Most officers did not put any significant effort into improvement and their performance, or lack of, was hit or miss (pun intended). A small percentage put in some effort and showed modest improvements over time. I also made attempts to get officers involved in competition, USPSA, Steel Challenge, etc., by providing ammunition and comp time for attending matches. Some, very few, tried it be none came back after once or twice. Despite all of this, we had a very good firearms program and must officers were decent shots. Several years after I took over the firearms training, we began hiring a large percentage of lateral transfers from a larger agency and it was interesting to note that most of them could not pass our qualification course on their first try.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    If you're feeling less than impressed with your skills, go spend a day at a public range.
    Keep your head on a swivel.

You'll come home with a new appreciation for your knowledge and experience.

Top Bottom