• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Very true BUT when you buy the third gun, from the same FFL, on the same day, YOU WILL GET A VISIT FROM BATF within 30 days. Both BATF agents were very polite though.

Just a heads up: If you are going to give advice you may want to clarify things a bit.

If you are going to give advice, you may want to clarify things a bit.

That isn't any sort of explicit rule, and while people do occasionally get visits from the BATF, it is more of an exception than a rule.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    If you are going to give advice, you may want to clarify things a bit.

That isn't any sort of explicit rule, and while people do occasionally get visits from the BATF, it is more of an exception than a rule.

When I bought the 3 my FFL said "you WILL get a knock from BATF." 3 weeks later I got a knock from 2 BATF agents. Call it what you like BUT looks to me like my FFL, who has been doing it for 30+ years was 100% correct.
    I had northing to hide so I let them in and answered their questions. I realize this pales in comparison, FFL saying it WOULD happen and it DID, to rumors heard o the internet but thought I would throw it out anyway.

BeauBailey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Well from what you guys are saying it sounds like I don't have enough money to worry about buying too many guns in a short time. Thanks for all your input everyone.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    No limit if you have a Spanish accent and tell the gun shop that you're a friend of Eric Holder. :D

Are you serious Clarke?

That is EXACTLY when the limit comes into play! You are then limited by the total number of guns in stock and how many your truck can hold!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Never heard of the "three handgun Batf will visit rule", I am a collector FFL-03. Last time I ordered Nagant pistols $99 online to C&R, I bought 3 as 2 were gifts for my son and his wife. I also (month or so later) bought a couple of Romanian TTC semiauto's - one for me and one as a gift for my son. Told my son he needs to get his own FFL-03 as this is getting expensive for me :) .

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Seems like I remember that in Indiana, that a person was only allowed 3 guns a year through a FFL. Maybe I picked that up a Dunham's not sure, good news to get this supply matter clarified.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Seems like I remember that in Indiana, that a person was only allowed 3 guns a year through a FFL. Maybe I picked that up a Dunham's not sure, good news to get this supply matter clarified.

I also know this is not true. I have bought 3 at one time from Dunhams just last month. Also several times at Bradis.

Top Bottom