• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glocktoys

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north
    just a quickie video and no hearing protection needed. and yes never edit a video without spell check after 3 hours in 95+ degree weather at 1am in the morning :xmad:

just click the pic below

Last edited:

glocktoys

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north
    That is quite!!

with the sonic ammo the thing rocks. i was testing some ammo for red star ammunition and the sub sonics almost made me pee myself (JK). the stuff you could not see is the rounds (sub sonics) travel down range and strike the clay pigeons at 100 yards (with my [FONT=&quot]with SWFA 10x Super Sniper Scope)[/FONT]. i cant wait to get some sub sonics in 6.8 spc and .223 to do a video on

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    That is impressive. I know almost nothing about suppressors except what I just saw was awesome. I'm assuming that accuracy or at least distance diminishes with the use of subsonic rounds. How do the rounds you tested compare in accuracy/distance? And how do they compare to the same weapon system without being suppressed? I'm not looking for actual numbers or anything. Just a brief description.

glocktoys

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north
    That is impressive. I know almost nothing about suppressors except what I just saw was awesome. I'm assuming that accuracy or at least distance diminishes with the use of subsonic rounds. How do the rounds you tested compare in accuracy/distance? And how do they compare to the same weapon system without being suppressed? I'm not looking for actual numbers or anything. Just a brief description.

at 50 yards 1/2" groups 4" low and at 100 1.5" groups for the sierra match king 175gr 15" low and 2.25" groups with the 180gr hornady and 18"low.

rifled was zeroed with the standard match 175gr sierra matchking ammo at 100 yards. so drop is good but i could calculate it at 100yards to hit a 4" clay pigeon with no problem. i was limited to 10rounds of each sub sonic loads so hard to do any more testing

i loved watching the bullet hit the clay pigeons at 100 yards as no recoil and bullet is traveling slow enough you can see it hit.

nrar15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Attica
    I run my YHM on a Savage 308 with 20" barrel 180gr Sierra 180RN 10.5gr of Trail Boss gets it under 1" 100yds.

Top Bottom