• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I want to develop VERY accurate ammo for a .223 Savage 110 I just purchased for bench and Colorado prairie dog shooting. I purchased 100 new Lapua cases from Brownells. How should I prep these cases. I’ll be using a Lee Precision 4 die set in a Rockchucker single stage press to work up loads to break in the barrel.

Thanks in advance

Snt220

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    Scottsburg
    It sounds like you’re starting with a great foundation. Lapua makes great brass. I would start by resizing the case then checking over all length. Trim if necessary, debur case mouths and flash holes. After case prep you may want to sort case by weight and load in lots of 5 to 10 rounds. Consistency is the key to accurate ammo. I have had great luck with Federal GM205M primer in 223 bolt gun.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Starting with Lapua is a great start. They drill their flash holes vs punch them so deburring them should not be necessary. I do not trim new brass prior to the first firing unless they are over length which I doubt they are. I like Lee products, but if benchrest consistency is what you looking for a good set of neck size dies will be worth the cost.

Top Bottom