How to Copy Videos from YouTube to a CD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My wife gave me a chore to work on while recovering from shoulder surgery.

She wants me to copy some videos from you tube onto a CD so that one of her aunts who does not have computer access can play them on her DVD player. I started looking at the You Tube vids this morning but could not figure out how to save them in their original video file format.

Anyone know how to do this, or if it is even possible?

Thanks in advance. :yesway:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There are screen capture programs. Jing is one of them. You create a box on your desktop to record in, and play the video inside it. As long as the video is playing inside the box you drew it will capture it. You can then clean it up in a video program if you need to trim a bit if that software doesn't let you.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    There are screen capture programs. Jing is one of them. You create a box on your desktop to record in, and play the video inside it. As long as the video is playing inside the box you drew it will capture it. You can then clean it up in a video program if you need to trim a bit if that software doesn't let you.

Thanks for the tip. :yesway: Looking into Jing now.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My wife gave me a chore to work on while recovering from shoulder surgery.

She wants me to copy some videos from you tube onto a CD so that one of her aunts who does not have computer access can play them on her DVD player. I started looking at the You Tube vids this morning but could not figure out how to save them in their original video file format.

Anyone know how to do this, or if it is even possible?

Thanks in advance. :yesway:

I think you'll be violating some sort of terms of use or copy right stuff by doing this. Is it possible to take a laptop or ipad or something you can use to show her via Verizon/ATT cell service?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    There are add ons in Firefox that allow you do download the movie to your computer and then you can use whatever you want to put it on the CD. In the add-on section, just search for "youtube to mp4" and you will get tons of hits.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I think you'll be violating some sort of terms of use or copy right stuff by doing this. Is it possible to take a laptop or ipad or something you can use to show her via Verizon/ATT cell service?

We need something to leave with her that she can watch at her leisure. I found something called You Tube Downloader just now, seems to work like a charm!

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Better have gigabit fiber for that. If you're using the video equivalent of the "analogue hole" for music DRM, any network hiccups will get encoded in the outgoing video file as well.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    There are add ons in Firefox that allow you do download the movie to your computer and then you can use whatever you want to put it on the CD. In the add-on section, just search for "youtube to mp4" and you will get tons of hits.

I use the Firefox plugin "Download Helper". Just download and convert them to your favourite format, stick them in a directory hierarchy of your choosing, and then use the CD burner software of your choosing to make the CD.

Sounds like a good reason to download Firefox. I have it on my smartphone, but not on my home PC. Yes, I admit it, I am lagging far behind on the latest technology. :):

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    If you have Google Chrome, install one of the free video downloader plug-ins. I have FVD Downloader and Video Downloader Professional. Save the movie to a file, and burn to CD as usual.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Another vote for the Firefox plugin Download Helper - DownloadHelper - Media download Firefox extension
    Unlike, Jing, there is no need to convert if you want to play the YouTube file in its native format.
    It downloads the file as is directly, although you can also configure Download Helper to first download, then convert to the format of your choosing.
    I use it at least once a week, with excellent results.

CCC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2014
    Northeast
    In the address bar on youtube type ss between www. and youtube.

This takes you to savefrom.net and allows you to save youtube videos on your computer.

Then you may need to convert to a format a DVD player will play, I do not know.

Top Bottom