How to defeat a raiding party when SHTF?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Since some of the members are forming a raiding party to raid supplies post SHTF, how do we defeat them?

We know most of the attackers will be cannon fodder, so how do we deal with the remaining 20% who survive the first probing of our defenses?

OP, DAVIS - I was not trying to be "dismissive". But the OP's post and the idea you wiped out 80% of a raid force off the bat and know that you did, is optimistic to say the least. That is why I suggested reading accounts of people who have faced this situation, both professional soldiers and more importantly civillians. These situations are still going on around our globe.

Of course, we always picture ourselves at the top of our game on game day. Everyone will be rested, my best snipers will be in place, alert lookouts, kit will be ready, defenses up to snuff. My attackers will be inferior in tactics, experience, planning and performance. It will be light, maybe... But what about the day when 3 of my people are down with the flu, I've been up all night birthing a calf, it's raining cats and dogs and hads been for 3 days, everyone on post is cold, bored, sleep deprived. Now at 0430 a group of somewhat experienced raiders who have reconned our defenses and positions take out 2 snipers with concentrated rifle fire as their opening salvo.......

I am not a doom and gloom guy. My point, without hurting anyone's feelings, is that this is a real thing. It has happened in the past and is still going on around our globe. Rather than create our own idea of how things would go and how we would prevail, research and planning for a WORST CASE SCENARIO is the way to deal with it.

I do not know your experience, but how many here have ever stood a post all night with a rifle in a real defensive situation? Been the one everyone is counting on to sound the alert? I'm not talking about theoritcal enemies during an ARTEP or training exercise, but when people want to kill you or the people you are protecting. From personal experience here and abroad, it is exhausting work. You will need a lost of focused people to do this around the clock. Serious, reliable, well trained, fit people. And a group of people to support this group of serious people in everyday chores.

Now if this hurt anyone's feelings, please forgive me. It's just ONE person's opinion who has done some of this in different places around our wonderful world. (NOT being dismissive, just SARDONIC)

Top Bottom