How to get rid of 2 cut trees and thier trimmings when you live in the suburbs?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Can I say I hate living in the suburbs! For any consideration of municipal dump sites that are based on residency I'm in Hamilton Co., Westfield specifically. (I've not had luck finding options based on that though.)

I cut down 2 pine trees (less than a foot diameter at base of trunk) in my back yard. Logs have been cut up as you would fire wood and branches have been piled up. My wife is REALLY allergic to pine so I can't just burn them in the back yard over time. Actually she stayed in the house while I cut them down/ up and still got a fairly significant reaction to it just from the airborne particles :dunno:.
    I know I can take them to Indiana tree brush dumping Indiana Mulch and Stone, Tree Brush Dumping , Wood Recycling, Delivery but that would involve renting a u-haul and having to coordinate that rental with when they are open and when I have time to do it.

Ideas?
    I'd be willing to trade ammo or dental services if you have a place to haul this to and let me be done with it. ;)

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Can I say I hate living in the suburbs! For any consideration of municipal dump sites that are based on residency I'm in Hamilton Co., Westfield specifically. (I've not had luck finding options based on that though.)

I cut down 2 pine trees (less than a foot diameter at base of trunk) in my back yard. Logs have been cut up as you would fire wood and branches have been piled up. My wife is REALLY allergic to pine so I can't just burn them in the back yard over time. Actually she stayed in the house while I cut them down/ up and still got a fairly significant reaction to it just from the airborne particles :dunno:.
    I know I can take them to Indiana tree brush dumping Indiana Mulch and Stone, Tree Brush Dumping , Wood Recycling, Delivery but that would involve renting a u-haul and having to coordinate that rental with when they are open and when I have time to do it.

Ideas?
    I'd be willing to trade ammo or dental services if you have a place to haul this to and let me be done with it. ;)

If it's cut up into manageable pieces I'd be interested in it for some firewood.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If it's cut up into manageable pieces I'd be interested in it for some firewood.

I just added pics. If you would have a use for it I would cut it up into whatever size pieces you would want it in. :yesway:
    The logs would need to "season" before using it in a home fireplace. These were alive trees and cut in early fall.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, I could do firewood. M'lady's allergic to a few things, but pine isn't one. Otherwise there's the transfer station over on Michigan Rd if you really need to dispose something and can't throw it in the trash, or there's the landfill over in Noblesville that just charges $10/load for stuff like that. You can borrow my trailer if you'll dispose what's on it already.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Doc, if you have a way to haul it out here, you an drop them off and we'll burn it. We have a large burn pile out back to dump them. No real need for us to be here, so whatever schedule works for you

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Pine isn't good for fireplaces. The creosote builds up in the flue and can catch fire. I suppose you could use a piece at a time mixed in with hard wood and not have too much trouble.

doc, if we were closer, you're welcome to dump or burn it at my place. Doubt you'd want to bring it all the way to Greenwood.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Pine isn't good for fireplaces. The creosote builds up in the flue and can catch fire. I suppose you could use a piece at a time mixed in with hard wood and not have too much trouble.

doc, if we were closer, you're welcome to dump or burn it at my place. Doubt you'd want to bring it all the way to Greenwood.

I like to use it to get the fire going. A little at a time, as you said.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Yeah, I could do firewood. M'lady's allergic to a few things, but pine isn't one. Otherwise there's the transfer station over on Michigan Rd if you really need to dispose something and can't throw it in the trash, or there's the landfill over in Noblesville that just charges $10/load for stuff like that. You can borrow my trailer if you'll dispose what's on it already.

I can't reach the transfer station on the phone right now and the website looks like it is really designed for Republic customers? I'll have to call during the week to find out if it is even available to me and/or what the cost is. I'd hate to load all this stuff on your trailer, show up there just to find out they can't take it. Well, at that point I guess I'd just start heading for RobyMaq's place. :)
    The Noblesville one is a distinct possibility. For $10 a trip that would be worth it. I don't have a hitch to pull a trailer so I'm either taking several trips with my brothers pickup truck or borrowing a trailer AND truck. I assume the stuff already on your trailer is tree/brush type stuff and not trash (happy to get rid of either but it would change the options)?
    MBills...Looks like I'll find takers for the "firewood" logs...my focus now is figuring out logistics for the branches/brush removal. If giving away the logs sweetens the pot for someone helping me get rid of the brush I'll have to reserve it for them. If it isn't desired by someone helping with the brush removal, its yours.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

That's a "myth"... I put myth in quotes because it does happen but it's not due to the pine, it's due to improper burning (wood isn't seasoned enough, not letting enough air get to the fire to keep it burning hot etc). The only reason pine has a bad reputation for that is because it is VERY vulnerable to creosote buildup WHEN you burn improperly...

FWIW, I will burn anything I can get my hands on, pine included, I NEVER have creosote problems...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, what's on there is all branches and such. The transfer station may not be open on the weekend, but I always just showed up there and they'd take what I had. It has been a while, though. For the yard waste I'd take it to Noblesville. They're really easy.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    If by transfer station, you're talking about the landfill on the boone/hamilton line, they'll take anything from anyone with a few hazmat exceptions.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If by transfer station, you're talking about the landfill on the boone/hamilton line, they'll take anything from anyone with a few hazmat exceptions.

I originally only found the one at Michigan road and 465 ish. Your post allowed me to find the one you are talking about....it is closer to me and looks like you just take it there and dump it? I don't see anywhere on their site that there is a charge for anything. Services
    This makes it too easy. I'll contact them during business hours to confirm the process but looks like I'll make it simple and use my brothers truck to haul it all there.

MBills, If it plays out that way I'll not load up the cut logs and you can come by and get them at your convenience. I'll PM you when I confirm I can take it to the Boone Co. landfill.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I originally only found the one at Michigan road and 465 ish. Your post allowed me to find the one you are talking about....it is closer to me and looks like you just take it there and dump it? I don't see anywhere on their site that there is a charge for anything. Services
    This makes it too easy. I'll contact them during business hours to confirm the process but looks like I'll make it simple and use my brothers truck to haul it all there.

MBills, If it plays out that way I'll not load up the cut logs and you can come by and get them at your convenience. I'll PM you when I confirm I can take it to the Boone Co. landfill.

Roger that, thanks!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

Yeah, that's closer to where we are than Noblesville too.

Top Bottom