• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huzyerdaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I have a Browning 12 GA Ultra trap and am researching how to replace the sight beads with something else, my question is- are those beads easy to get off? Are they just threaded in? :dunno: Thanks for the help...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Never owned a browning, but the beads on my Berettas screw in as do the ones on a Ruger Red label and my mossberg. The front sight on my Remington 1100 sp was crimped in and had to be machined out and drilled and tapped to accept the new beads. Warm the rib up with a heat gun (or VERY carefully with a propane tourch) to loosen the locktite and gently try to unscrew it. Good Luck

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I made a grave error trying to remove a bead from an 870 express...It was my first gun modification and I mistakenly thought the bead was threaded....it was pressed in...I had to grind the bead off with a dremel and hide the unsightly mess with a truglo bead :rolleyes: felt like a moron but its my duck gun and I still love her...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I made a grave error trying to remove a bead from an 870 express...It was my first gun modification and I mistakenly thought the bead was threaded....it was pressed in...I had to grind the bead off with a dremel and hide the unsightly mess with a truglo bead :rolleyes: felt like a moron but its my duck gun and I still love her...

I will learn from your mistake. Thank you.:yesway:

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Browning should be threaded

I use a tool called a pin vise to remove beads. Looks like a pen with a collet on the end. Open it up, slip over the bead, tighten collet and unscrew the sight bead.

Top Bottom