• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    Hey guys, my girlfriend and i like to shoot some clays every couple weeks and she is pretty good at it, holding the gun as she should, looking down the barrel for the shot and always keeps the barrel down afterwards.

But i have a friend that keeps tring to tell his girlfriend how to hold/shoot/safety bla bla and she doesnt seem to grasp the concept of actually holding the gun against your shoulder and looking down the barrel, she stands offset and leans backwards like a typical new girl shooter but has shot multipul times. She seems to be intimidated,
    but how do i tell her what to do, and she actually listen to me

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You wouldn't teach someone to drive when the seat, steering wheel, and mirrors weren't adjusted to their height and reach. Same goes for shooting, the gun needs to be tailored to the shooter. Poor form is often not a result of improper listening skills, but of improper instructor skills and improper equipment.

A gun that is too heavy over all to easily shoulder, too long of a pull (not having to reach too far forward to get to the trigger), too muzzle heavy to easily support, etc result in lousy form no matter how often you instruct someone how to do it the right way.

Don't assume she's not listening, maybe there's another reason she can't do it "the right way".

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Step One: Buy a Gun

Step Two: Buy something to load gun with

Step Three: Bake cupcakes

Step Four: Tell the woman to "shoot the cupcakes"

tumblr_ldyfz4N9Oq1qbm3fco1_1280.jpeg

^Purple

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    thanks for the replies guys, i guess ill have to take her to the gun club and have another girl tell her what to do

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    You wouldn't teach someone to drive when the seat, steering wheel, and mirrors weren't adjusted to their height and reach. Same goes for shooting, the gun needs to be tailored to the shooter. Poor form is often not a result of improper listening skills, but of improper instructor skills and improper equipment.

A gun that is too heavy over all to easily shoulder, too long of a pull (not having to reach too far forward to get to the trigger), too muzzle heavy to easily support, etc result in lousy form no matter how often you instruct someone how to do it the right way.

Don't assume she's not listening, maybe there's another reason she can't do it "the right way".

^^^This^^^ Her center of gravity is at the hips, men are at the shoulders. If you see her stance off a bit (leaning back to counter balance the weight) it is likely because she is trying to wrestle a firearm that isn't the right fit for her. She is coming back to the range so that means she is interested so make a few adjustments and see what happens.

Top Bottom