• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since we've got a bash Palin thread going, thought we might like to tackle some of the other potential GOP POTUS candidates.

If I were a betting man (I'm not) - I'd lay money on Huck being in the top two most vote getters in the GOP primary in 2012. If I had to predict now who the nominee would be - I'd wager that Huck would get it ... for now.

Don't get me wrong. He is, by far, not a candidate that I want to see.

I hear positives about the Huck as potential POTUS from A LOT from my fellow TEA Partiers. Usually because he's so gung ho for the top two religious-right agenda items - that they hope will be pushed through under a Huck in the White House... (saving unborn babies - and discriminating against gays).

Let's ignore those two... looking back at The Huck's record as governor of the state of Arkansas, I'm not sure that he's not as progressive-leaning as W was... perhaps more so.

Here are some interesting pieces:

Tax increases:

Pardoning Keith Richards (and some others)

Home State's Newspaper of Political Record...

Comments from an fellow Arkansonian

This is just from one page of googling... there's pleanty more sources. The above is just to give everyone a taste of those critical of the Huck. Since he's a strong contender in this next cycle - let's find out the good as well as the bad.

So, if you like Mr. Huck for POTUS: tell me why I should consider him as a candidate to vote FOR in the primary. Here's your chance. Help us understand the potential president.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Since we've got a bash Palin thread going, thought we might like to tackle some of the other potential GOP POTUS candidates.

If I were a betting man (I'm not) - I'd lay money on Huck being in the top two most vote getters in the GOP primary in 2012. If I had to predict now who the nominee would be - I'd wager that Huck would get it ... for now.

Don't get me wrong. He is, by far, not a candidate that I want to see.

I hear positives about the Huck as potential POTUS from A LOT from my fellow TEA Partiers. Usually because he's so gung ho for the top two religious-right agenda items - that they hope will be pushed through under a Huck in the White House... (saving unborn babies - and discriminating against gays).

Let's ignore those two... looking back at The Huck's record as governor of the state of Arkansas, I'm not sure that he's not as progressive-leaning as W was... perhaps more so.

Here are some interesting pieces:

Tax increases:

Pardoning Keith Richards (and some others)

Home State's Newspaper of Political Record...

Comments from an fellow Arkansonian

This is just from one page of googling... there's pleanty more sources. The above is just to give everyone a taste of those critical of the Huck. Since he's a strong contender in this next cycle - let's find out the good as well as the bad.

So, if you like Mr. Huck for POTUS: tell me why I should consider him as a candidate to vote FOR in the primary. Here's your chance. Help us understand the potential president.
    I while I do not want Palin, I also would not want Huck, I do like Jim DeMint, Bob McDonnell, maybe John Thune (although I do not know enough about him) and still looking at Chris Christie

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I while I do not want Palin, I also would not want Huck, I do like Jim DeMint, Bob McDonnell, maybe John Thune (although I do not know enough about him) and still looking at Chris Christie

Pretend that you Canadians get to vote...

WHY do you want them? What qualities/policy stances appeal about them?

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    i don't need to pretend because although I am not eligible to vote (and I am against aliens voting in anything either local or school board like some cities and sates are doing or looking at doing.)
    There are many dual citizens Canadian/American who vote.

Jim DeMint I like because he has experience in the senate, has a desire to see constitutional law return to it's place of preeminence in the US, wants balanced budgets, has stood against RINO's, he is able to articulate what he believes and i believe he has the mental strength to see through what he stands for.

Christie I believe 9from what I have seen has stood against Unions, has tried making the proper decisions to bring spending under control, looks to the constitution as the law of the land and once again I believe he has the mental strength to see through what he has begun.

McDonnell has executive experience to make decisions that a President needs to make. He is a leader, articulate, takes a stand for the constitution is fiscally responsible and once again i think he has the strength to see through what he has begun.

I know Palin has said some of these exact things but I do not see her being able to finish, I see her as weak and as a quitter. I do not see her able to bring others to her side of the argument or at least getting others to even listen to her. I do not accept the reason why she left the Governor's office and then say she can satnd up to the pressure of being president.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I don't want Palin, Huckabee or Mitt-for-brains Romney anywhere near the campaign trail.

High on my list so far (still have more research) would be Mitch Daniels and Chris Christie. John Thune might be a possibility too.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I don't want Palin, Huckabee or Mitt-for-brains Romney anywhere near the campaign trail.

High on my list so far (still have more research) would be Mitch Daniels and Chris Christie. John Thune might be a possibility too.
    Marco Rubio and Mitch Daniels would be added to my list. But please no more Bushs' please Jeb stay out!

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    But... But.... Joy Butt... Beyhar likes him the best...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM5nUBPv40E]YouTube - Joy Behar to Moderate Mike Huckabee: "You're My Favorite Republican"[/ame]

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The progressives are in love with people that could conceivably win in the primary, but have no appeal to the majority of voters necessary to get them elected. Huckabee is in the category, along with Palin. The lefts base would be riled up and out in numbers larger than ever to see that these folks lose against Obama, (who already has the numbers to beat just about anyone, if last time is any indicator).

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The progressives are in love with people that could conceivably win in the primary, but have no appeal to the majority of voters necessary to get them elected. Huckabee is in the category, along with Palin. ....

I slightly dissagree with this assessment of Huck:

He has spent the last two years on his FoxNews show positioning himself to be the "nicest guy" in the bunch.

compared to the "shrill" and "quitter" calls about Palin... Huck looks much more appealing to the vast majority, IMO

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I slightly dissagree with this assessment of Huck:

He has spent the last two years on his FoxNews show positioning himself to be the "nicest guy" in the bunch.

compared to the "shrill" and "quitter" calls about Palin... Huck looks much more appealing to the vast majority, IMO
    Nope. In a recent Gallup poll Huckabee only scored a 16% (tied with Palin). Romney beat both of them. Why is this? Because he's more appealing to a wider array of voters, not just the soccons. Quinnipiac had Romney beating Obama by a slim margin. Huckabee, in the poll lost to Obama. So did Palin. Not everyone out in the real world watches Fox, (they're just as bad as MSNBC), or Huckabee. The majority of gop voters might give him their vote, if he were to win in the primary, but it would be for the same reasons they gave it to McCain. Huckabee or Palin just means 4 more years of Obama.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Nope. In a recent Gallup poll Huckabee only scored a 16% (tied with Palin). Romney beat both of them. Why is this? Because he's more appealing to a wider array of voters, not just the soccons. Quinnipiac had Romney beating Obama by a slim margin. Huckabee, in the poll lost to Obama. So did Palin. Not everyone out in the real world watches Fox, (they're just as bad as MSNBC), or Huckabee. The majority of gop voters might give him their vote, if he were to win in the primary, but it would be for the same reasons they gave it to McCain. Huckabee or Palin just means 4 more years of Obama.

I do like Fox a little better, mainly for their business network having Napolitano and Stossel on the weekends. Of course, if Huckabee or Palin gets in, MSNBC and Fox will just switch roles. Fox will defend EVERYTHING our great gop president is doing, and MSNBC will be shoving every tiny statement down their throat, regardless of the fact that they'll be doing the exact same crap.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    Huckabee's a nice guy, I don't think anybody has ever said otherwise. He's also a liberal, so I won't ever vote for him. Clinton seemed like a pretty cool guy that would've been great fun to go golfing with, but that doesn't mean we should've voted for him.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Huckabee's a nice guy, I don't think anybody has ever said otherwise. He's also a liberal, so I won't ever vote for him. Clinton seemed like a pretty cool guy that would've been great fun to go [STRIKE]golfing[/STRIKE] to stripper clubs with, but that doesn't mean we should've voted for him.

FIFY

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I don't get the Romney thing. Why would a conservative vote for Romney? He's a big Gov't guy, and I was under the impression that it was because of him that Mass. has state run healthcare (which might be bankrupting them).

I'd still like to see Daniels, or Thune up there, and maybe Jim DeMint as well

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't get the Romney thing. Why would a conservative vote for Romney? He's a big Gov't guy, and I was under the impression that it was because of him that Mass. has state run healthcare (which might be bankrupting them).

I'd still like to see Daniels, or Thune up there, and maybe Jim DeMint as well
    Romney's a mainstream republican, and a picture perfect example of the party. "Conservatives" aren't the majority in the gop.

Top Bottom