• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    I started calling about 15 minutes ago (1:30pm Sunday). Finally got through the busy signals. Automated voice directory answered, none of the options seemed appropriate so I chose hit pound key for assistance, that cut me off.

Has anyone gotten through and if you did what did you select at the automated voice prompt?

Edit: 2pm Sunday Kept calling always got the automated voice directory. Tried using the coupon code now that web site is back up still no good. Will call them monday.

This.

I've tried every prompt on the automated menu and could not reach a live person. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. :(

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just read this over on Snipershide:

"Just got through on the phone. This deal was supposed to be limited for friends & family of Danner employees. When I asked about the discount, the young lady said to contact the Danner employee who advised me of the opportunity, and they would work it out.

When I asked if this was a general promotion for the public, she said "definitely not.""

Guess I'll just have to cross my fingers that my order doesn't get canceled.

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs
    I have tried every direction to place my order with the discount and have not been successful contacting anyone.

With out the coupon shipping is still free and return shipping is free and no restocking charges. I went ahead and placed my order. I then responded to my order confirmation KINDLY stating issues I have been having since trying to place my order yesterday and trying to call today. I then simply asked for them to please send me an invoice update of the coupon applied once they get a chance to correct their technical difficulties from the weekend.

There is no financial risk on my side. It is very easy for someone on a phone call to say "no" we won't place your order. It's a whole other situation when a company has an order and now has to logistically go in and cancel the order, see how much business they are loosing, and if they end up shipping it what they will end up losing in shipping charges.

Most likely you are not going to see this offer again so why not try.

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs

When I asked if this was a general promotion for the public, she said "definitely not.""

I'm not out to screw over a good company. But, I do hope they stand behind this.

It may not have not been for the general public however, they put the coupon on a website available to the general public that does not require an employee log in information that was used to cheat the system.

Even with the 50% coupon no company has a sale that they will take a financial loss on. This gives me an idea of what the mark up is on a Danner boot is. This is no different from a company misprinting a sale price and then standing behind it because they didn't catch it in time.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I received an email this evening stating that my order had shipped so apparently they are honoring the orders that went through.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I gave up on it. Anyone that was lucky enough to get an order though, congratulations. That is one heck of a deal.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Danners are always go to go!

I have been looking for a good pair of American made boots for a while now. It's funny, because I had never even heard of Danner until this sale, but they seem to be exactly what I was looking for.

The Fort Lewis may be different, but my last three pair of Danners have been built in China...and the quality has become terrible (Striker GTX boots). The Strykers used to last me several years as duty boots and then another few as work boots, but my latest pair has completely fallen apart in less than a year. I have a new pair I just bought because they are comfortable, but if they are half as bad as the pair I'm currently using I'll be done with Danner.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't compare boots like the Striker to boots like the Ft Lewis or Acadia. They've never appeared to be of the same material or build quality, more like a high top tennis shoe. I bought a pair of the Hi Tec boots in the early 90's during the very short time they were authorized for wear (Army). I learned very quickly that while they were comfortable, they could not hold up like the Matterhorns and Corcorans I was used to.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Some of Danner's boots are made here in the US and others are imported. The Acadia and Ft. Lewis series boots are made here in the US. The TFX and Striker series boots are all imported. :twocents:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I don't compare boots like the Striker to boots like the Ft Lewis or Acadia. They've never appeared to be of the same material or build quality, more like a high top tennis shoe.

I wasn't really comparing the two, but the quality of the GTX line used to be very good.

I had a pair of Acadias and didn't like them for police work at all they were too bulky and running in them left a lot to be desired. A lot of the people I work with are wearing black running shoes, which apparently works well. I don't like shoes, so I stick with a light boot I can run in.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I wasn't really comparing the two, but the quality of the GTX line used to be very good.

I had a pair of Acadias and didn't like them for police work at all they were too bulky and running in them left a lot to be desired. A lot of the people I work with are wearing black running shoes, which apparently works well. I don't like shoes, so I stick with a light boot I can run in.

You might want to try a pair of Rocky Alpha Force boots. I have had good luck with them holding up for a year and the soles are very comfortable.

Top Bottom