• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I was reading on the DNR website about the deer license requirements. It was talking about archery, extra archery, bonus antlerless, firearm, and muzzleloader. I am confused as to what I would need to purchase. I plan to hunt archery, firearm and late archery, but as of right now, I don't plan on taking any antlered deer. I believe I have purchased a bonus antlerless license, without purchasing any other license in years past, and this would seem to cover me through any season in which I wish to hunt, until I take an antlerless deer. If that is true, and as Indiana has the "one buck rule" I don't understand where the need for the extra archery license comes into play. The DNR regulations were of no help to me, and was wondering about anyone else's take on the situation.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I was reading on the DNR website about the deer license requirements. It was talking about archery, extra archery, bonus antlerless, firearm, and muzzleloader. I am confused as to what I would need to purchase. I plan to hunt archery, firearm and late archery, but as of right now, I don't plan on taking any antlered deer. I believe I have purchased a bonus antlerless license, without purchasing any other license in years past, and this would seem to cover me through any season in which I wish to hunt, until I take an antlerless deer. If that is true, and as Indiana has the "one buck rule" I don't understand where the need for the extra archery license comes into play. The DNR regulations were of no help to me, and was wondering about anyone else's take on the situation.

bonus antlerless will do you for all seasons for slick heads only.( 1 per liecense)

extra archery is just another archery liecense , its just a wording error from past years (when you couldn't use bonus antlerless until firearms season opened)

as you probably know if you want to take a buck durning any of the seasons you will need a Archery , firearms or muzzleloader liecense
    (only 1 buck total for any season combined unless you take a buck in urban deer zone)

now thats as clear as mud

its not a confusing as it sounds

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Thats exactly what I thought. I had used them that way before, I just thought that maybe you were required to buy the archery license as opposed to bonus antlerless. I am glad I don't

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    Archery license is good for a buck or doe so is extra archery so if you kill a doe with your first archery tag the only other way to kill a buck in archery season is with extra archery license

Shadownick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Morristown, IN
    Yeah the extra archery tag is mainly if you bow hunt for both bucks and does and already take a deer with your regular archery tag. If you're planning only ONLY doe hunting, the bonus antlerless will take you through all of deer season for a doe, provided they're allowed in your county (check the DNR booklet for antlerless amounts in your county).

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Or you could have a lifetime license and just keep track of how many you can kill!!! I'm one of the lucky ones i guess....

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Or you could have a lifetime license and just keep track of how many you can kill!!! I'm one of the lucky ones i guess....

One of the best things my father has ever given me. :rockwoot: Lifetime hunting and fishing license was a birthday present years ago (the last year they were available)

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    If'n I was still buying tags would not even mess with the "extra archery tag". In fact I 'think' that they are discontinuing them next year.

Archery I would buy the regular archery tag ($24) and that would be my designated buck tag. I would also buy a "bonus tag" ($24) and that would be for does only. Any more purchases of "bonus tags" would be at a reduced rate of $15.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville

I have a hard time keeping track......:D After about 3 years I had already kept track of enough wild game to know it had paid for itself. I sure wish I would have bought one for my son (back then 2 years old). I have been kicking myself ever since.

Back to the subject though. I thought you had to buy a lisence for that part of the season. Say gun season. And if you wanted to take a doe you had to buy an additional bonus tag to do so. I did not think you could buy just a bonus tag to take a deer without having the actual tag for that part of the season. I may be way off here as it has been a while since I did buy a tag.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    For the last 3 seasons, I have only purchased bonus antlerless. I buy them online, so if I am not supposed to be able to, there is a big glitch in the system. That would not surprise me either.

Top Bottom