• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am trying to get to more of the smaller local gun shows. Feb. 28-March 1 has the option of either of these. For those who have been to both, which is better? I might be able to hit both but would like to heat what they're like.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I have also heard that the Washington show is limited to FFL holders which can cut both ways.

I'll be set up at the Washington show and that isn't quite correct. If you want to have a table and sell guns, you either have to have an FFL or you have to have one of the FFLs at the show transfer the gun for you. Even though most of the dealers are friendly and will do transfers for a small fee, I don't have an FFL and don't want the hassle, so I'll just be selling ammo and other odds and ends.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I will do both myself, But if could only do one it would be Holland/Huntingburg. I have found some good deals at Washington but you can do the whole place in 15-20 min.

QFT, but the nice thing is that if you time your trip right, you can have either lunch or dinner at the Mi Pueblo Mexican restaurant in Washington. It is well worth planning this as part of your trip - the people are nice and the food is excellent. I eat there at least once every time I'm in the area. Oh, and the building itself is beautiful, they went all out when they built it.

fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    Is the Mi Pueblo Mexican restaurant owned by the same people as the one in Franklin? By the way, there is a gun show in Franklin, Feb. 28-Mar. 1.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am thinking a leisurely morning at the Huntingburg show, lunch at the Schnitzelbank in Jasper tnen shoot over to Washington for the afternoon. Guns and bratwurst baby!

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I say since these two shows are both scheduled at the same time as NGD, they will both be a big miss. The Washington show is very small. I've been there and have walked it in 20 minutes. The H'burg show is advertised as a lot of tables but a good number of them will probably be empty. You'll recognize a lot of the same vendors that do the E'ville shows.

After you hit the H'burg show and fill up and the 'bank, make sure to stop at Jeff's since it's right around the corner. If you are to full to head to Washington, I won't blame you for heading back to the I-64 with a quick stop in Holland at Dave's.

If you do head up to the Washington show make sure to walk across the street and check out what's going on in the white building.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Holland Kiwanis Club Gun & Knife Show
    Huntingburg Event Center
    200 E. 14th St.
    Sat. Feb. 28th 9 A.M. - 4 P.M.
    Sun. Mar. 1st 9 A.M. - 3 P.M.
    Admission $6.00
    Children under 12 free with paid adult

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Is the Mi Pueblo Mexican restaurant owned by the same people as the one in Franklin? By the way, there is a gun show in Franklin, Feb. 28-Mar. 1.

I really don't think it is, but I could be wrong. The one is Washington is owned and operated by a local family. They started out in an old Dairy Queen, then when they had saved enough money, they went all in and built their own brand-new place.

Top Bottom