• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The real losers in this are going to be the kids. They will be publicly humiliated and forced to live with the knowledge that their father was planning to be a murderer.

This is a small consolation, but it beats him actually BEING a murderer.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    My guess is that either they are separated or his name is not on the wife's vehicle (my hubby isn't on my focus - didn't need his info so we didn't give it).

My truck doesn't have my wifes name on it, doesn't mean she's not entitled to half should we choose to divorce.

On the idea of the conspiracy charge, I'm no legal eagle by a LONG shot but doesn't he need to make contact with a person for a hit? I mean, just SAYING I'd pay X to get rid of so-in-so and actually offering a person $ for the job are really two different things. They might need more than emails to a fictitious person to prove it.

Basically she would report it to authorities and they would set up basically a "recorded conversation" to get him to repeat the suggestion on tape that would be admissible in court...

Also, I would think they would need to trace the IP on the emails. Who's to say the wife didn't send them to herself as ammo for the divorce? Not saying she did, but I've know people I wouldn't put it past.

EASY to track Emails/Facebook posts... like seriously.....

This is a small consolation, but it beats him actually BEING a murderer.

Touche'

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    My truck doesn't have my wifes name on it, doesn't mean she's not entitled to half should we choose to divorce.

I forget, laws are different here in Indiana. I don't know if that "implied owership" (or however they phrase it) would apply to altering a vehicle you are not on the title of. I mean a judge would know who is the soon to be ex spouse. Guy at the garage doesn't know my hubby from his brother.

Basically she would report it to authorities and they would set up basically a "recorded conversation" to get him to repeat the suggestion on tape that would be admissible in court...

This is what I was thinking and possibly why they didn't use the conspiracy charge. They need more proof.

EASY to track Emails/Facebook posts... like seriously.....'

Depends. We are all assuming that the couple is separated, but she could have access to his computer. Internet cafe? I could go home, boot up my hubby laptop and send anything I want as him. Do it late at night and now it become prove who was sleeping. :dunno: Never under estimate the resourcefulness of a PO'ed woman.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Ha as if my wife knows my passwords, everyone has a right to privacy. She wants to know all she has to do is ask. Even when married there is a certain level of trust and privacy that we are entitled too. I will almost guarantee this woman didn't have access to his Facebook or his email that receives the notifications.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Ha as if my wife knows my passwords, everyone has a right to privacy. She wants to know all she has to do is ask. Even when married there is a certain level of trust and privacy that we are entitled too. I will almost guarantee this woman didn't have access to his Facebook or his email that receives the notifications.

Now remember - I'm playing devil's advocate here, but you really think someone capable of trying to frame someone like this thinks ANYTHING of a little hacking. If he doesn't change it often (or ever)?!?

And as far as knowing or figuring out passwords go, it depends on the person. I know my hubby's passwords for everything. He has even had me check and reply to emails for him. My dad's took me 3 tries (he bet me a case of beer I couldn't figure it out - that was my first clue!).

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Now remember - I'm playing devil's advocate here, but you really think someone capable of trying to frame someone like this thinks ANYTHING of a little hacking. If he doesn't change it often (or ever)?!?

And as far as knowing or figuring out passwords go, it depends on the person. I know my hubby's passwords for everything. He has even had me check and reply to emails for him. My dad's took me 3 tries (he bet me a case of beer I couldn't figure it out - that was my first clue!).

I think she was on a fishing expedition because she suspected him of cheating. Depending on the level of intelligence on both parties what you mention could be extremely easy or difficult. In order to figure out my password someone would pretty much have to gain access to my computer to install a keylogger and then have access again at some other point in time to retrieve said keylogger records. I am not saying it is impossible but when your pw looks like complete nonsense to anyone but you with a mix of characters it isn't the easiest thing to crack. That being said I don't think either party involved had enough common sense to figure out how to crack a password.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I think she was on a fishing expedition because she suspected him of cheating. Depending on the level of intelligence on both parties what you mention could be extremely easy or difficult. In order to figure out my password someone would pretty much have to gain access to my computer to install a keylogger and then have access again at some other point in time to retrieve said keylogger records. I am not saying it is impossible but when your pw looks like complete nonsense to anyone but you with a mix of characters it isn't the easiest thing to crack. That being said I don't think either party involved had enough common sense to figure out how to crack a password.

Not saying they did. devil's advocate = P.I.A. brat , that's were I'm at today. I'm going with zebra's instead of horses, because zebra's are possible just not probable. The fact that he isn't charges with the conspiracy just got me thinking outside the norm.

Obviously you keep a good password, shows you're a bright person. I know people here at work who think they are sneaky by using their dead cat's name that they talk about constantly and one that uses 1234. Not everyone uses their brain cells.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Not saying they did. devil's advocate = P.I.A. brat , that's were I'm at today. I'm going with zebra's instead of horses, because zebra's are possible just not probable. The fact that he isn't charges with the conspiracy just got me thinking outside the norm.

Obviously you keep a good password, shows you're a bright person. I know people here at work who think they are sneaky by using their dead cat's name that they talk about constantly and one that uses 1234. Not everyone uses their brain cells.

You would also be surprised how well a one character password of one stroke of the spacebar works as well. I have worked and went to school in the IT department for 8 years now and have seen some pretty raunchy stuff protected by passwords of 1234. People don't realize what they store on a computer can be recovered even after you empty the recycle bin.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    Gotta love it when a plan comes together,when this first posted I thought what kind of idiot discusses that with anyone,let alona a teeny bopper,now I think I`d like to shake his hand.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Gotta love it when a plan comes together,when this first posted I thought what kind of idiot discusses that with anyone,let alona a teeny bopper,now I think I`d like to shake his hand.

Let us think about the extents to which he went to pull this off... I am sure being a man he never antagonized her in anyway whatsoever. My vote is for we still don't have the whole story.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Let us think about the extents to which he went to pull this off... I am sure being a man he never antagonized her in anyway whatsoever. My vote is for we still don't have the whole story.
    Could be that there is more to this story, but the fact of the matter remains. The wife/ex-wife thought she was being sly trying to get inside dirt on him. He covered his butt up pretty good, then played along to the extent that she now likely gets the point. He isn't a dummy, and he isn't going to play silly games.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    wait wait wait. what he did was wrong obviously in trying to have her killed. and talking about it on the internet where there is a permanent record (evidence) is REALLY stupid. but didnt a court in some state just recently say that on our vehicles there is no expectation of privacy in a case involving cops who had places a tracker on a suspects car WITHOUT a search warrant ???? so basically what im getting from this story is that if the cops do the SAME exact thing, they are ok and not breaking the law or will not be prosecuted but a citizen is? oh ok, same thing that happens every day! double standards. this country is so ****ed up

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    wait wait wait. what he did was wrong obviously in trying to have her killed. and talking about it on the internet where there is a permanent record (evidence) is REALLY stupid. but didnt a court in some state just recently say that on our vehicles there is no expectation of privacy in a case involving cops who had places a tracker on a suspects car WITHOUT a search warrant ???? so basically what im getting from this story is that if the cops do the SAME exact thing, they are ok and not breaking the law or will not be prosecuted but a citizen is? oh ok, same thing that happens every day! double standards. this country is so ****ed up

No, he did none of the things he said he did. It was a ruse. He knew it was his spouse and he was setting her up for a fall.

Go read the updated article BoR is talking about.

Also the case you're talking about was a drug case I believe and if I remember correctly CoA tossed the evidence.

Top Bottom