• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I'm looking for someone to finish my 700P with Duracoat or Cerakote I'll let you know if I find anyone reasonable. Been searching around on here for a day or so and PM'ing people no luck so far.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Just an FYI....Hydrocoat is a layer of "ink" suspended in water that is transferred to your gun. Is it not as durable as you may desire unless topcoated with something like Duracoat has to protect it.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    Bought my son a GSG 1911-22 for x-mas and had it dipped in the Reaper Z. Before the dip, it ran absolutely flawless. Not so much afterwards. I believe it's the added thickness on the bottom of the slide rubbing a bit. The look is great, I just hope it's back to normal operation after more range time. Appears pretty durable.

Overwatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2014
    Putnam County
    Cerakote and KG Guncoat are beleived by many to be the most durable baked on finishes. Alumn-Hyde works great if you can't bake the parts.

Hydro-dipping is the most attractive way to add a camouflage finish, but it is not as durable. Many times, it is covered with a clear coat to protect it.

As has been hinted at in this thread -- it really matter what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to make a good looking conversation piece or are you trying to make your rifle less detectable?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    My Atacs AK

picture.php

The thread explains the process.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/218487-battlecoat-t-ed-ak.html

If it's done correctly and not by one of those DIY kits, the gun is duracoated the correct color first, then dipped, then duracoated clear.

Top Bottom