I am getting addicted to Kershaw knives...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    I believe that I am addicted to Kershaw knives. Right now I only have 3 but the urge to purchase more is very strong!

There are several on my to-buy list... but here are some pics of the ones I have now.

First we have the Leek. Probably my most carried and first Kershaw purchase. I really love the speedsafe opening. The next favorite feature is the slim size that is almost sleek IMO. The only thing I don't like is the thumb stud... it is hard to use without cutting myself and kind of pointless on this knife

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

Next is the Zing. What can I say... that blade is just too darn neat. 3D machined. The flipper on this does not work the best but I need to play around with the screws on it to get it to function better.

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Last is my most recent purchase. The OD-1. I found this on clearance at wally world for $30 and right now I am really impressed with it. The G-10/stainless 2 tone handles are a great match for my new bi-tone XDm!! The flipper mechanism works great and I love how it hides in the handle when its open. This was the least sharp out of the box but with that being said it was still decently sharp.

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

Here is a group shot.

IMG_0614.jpg

I have spent no more than $35 on each knife and I think that they are a spectacular deal at that price point and even worth more IMO.

Are there any other Kershaw junkies out there??? What is your favorite?

mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I have a kershaw on me most the time. I broke the blade lock off mine. Because I wanted it gone. Great knives for the money! I like them all.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    nice collection your starting there. I recently picked up the skyline for EDC and I love it. I defiantly see more Kershaw blades in my future.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I've got two in my recently begun collection, a Scallion and a Cyclone. I've considered the Leek, among others; I imagine it's only a matter of time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I'm in the same boat as some of you...

I added two sweet Kershaw folders recently, and now I think I've caught the bug for good... My R.A.M. plays back fiddle to the Rake for EDC. But the Rake tends to open eyes wide to those who haven't seen one before.

Color me hooked... We may need to hold an intervention, especially with the tax return on its way.

Fortunately, for me they're affordable AND well made knives. Otherwise I probably wouldn't even own one.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Are the kershaws legal to carry in indiana? Like the ken onion.

Yes the Kershaw's with speedsafe are legal to carry in Indiana.

Kershaw in my opinion are one of the best bang for the buck in the world of knives. If you really like the Leek and want the high end look for the ones with composite blades or S30V steel blades.

A neat model out now with sandvik blades are the ones that have laser engraved handles. Skulls etc, I like the one with the praying cowboy:

kershawPC.jpg

You can pick these up off eBay at a really good price right now.

Last edited:

ELMO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I have the kershaw zing and it is a well made knife. I even used it to field dress a big Doe back in December. It is also holds a very sharp edge....

Top Bottom