• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Beech Grove, Indiana
    I am always proud of her, but today I took my Daughter,who is almost 17, to the range with me. She has never fired a gun of any type before and wanted to try. Found out she's a natural, she's good. Hit everything she aimed at on the target, near and far. I let her use my S&W 9mm...and of course now she wants her own :) Might have to get a part time job just to buy extra ammo, she went through about a 100 rounds all by herself,lol

Bullfrog80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Terre Haute
    That is fantastic!! My seven and four year old girls go wih me and they are both naturals. They both shoot .22 caliber and the seven year old wants her own ar... I think the range can be some of the best bonding time ever. Plus, I figure by the time they date they can take care of themselves.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Congratulation to your daughter and to the proud Daddy. It's always good to find something both parent and child like to do together.

Check out the free training with HandK that's listed in the women's forum. Maybe she would like to come and join us in June.

bigcat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Beech Grove, Indiana
    Congratulation to your daughter and to the proud Daddy. It's always good to find something both parent and child like to do together.

Check out the free training with HandK that's listed in the women's forum. Maybe she would like to come and join us in June.
    Sounds interesting, where is it and how much?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    :rockwoot: I love it when families can share! Congrats on bringing a new shooter into the fold.

Two of my favorite moments with my 12 year old daughter have been shooting. One was when she rang steel with her .22 Marlin 795 at 100 yards last year at the Riley Conservation Club. The other occured just last weekend when she stepped up and asked if she could try the same thing with my AR. She did (Better than me, actually)
    She did the same thing as yours did. She wants her own now! :D

radshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Good deal! I can relate. My daughter is same age and took her out a few years ago and she was hooked....also a pretty good shot, though a lefty....for her birthday last year I bought her a nice Savage .22 bolt for lefties....it has improved her shooting quite a bit and made it less frustrating for her. She likes shooting my .45 and is looking forward to trying out my new Glock 9mm :) I think shooting sports are a great way for us dads to spend some quality time with our kids and it's something that can be done for years to come.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Congratulations! I can't wait until my daughter is a little older so I can take her shooting too!

Top Bottom