• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    You meet some real dumbass people in the Detroit area (South side Pontiac,MI to be exact). Long story short I pulled a 5 month old Pit Bull Terrier puppy out of a crate in a dark basement. They were keeping him in the crate alone in the dark to make him a "beast" My guess is 23 hours a day for weeks now. He's skinny, drinking ALOT of water. A bit shy, but my daughters seem to be babying him up just fine. I'm 12 hours away from a $250 vet bill that I can't afford. I hate going home for the holidays

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Might be the best investment you ever made. Mine was abused and left in a basement as unwanted. I took her now I can't imagine my life with out that damned mutt, its money well spent.

Best Damn thing to come out of Illinois

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Unfortunately vile people do horrible things to pit bulls. Why is it going to be a $250 vet bill? Depending on if you are willing to drive to Richmond & what the dog needs you could probably save a lot of money with a road trip. We have a low cost spay / neuter & vet clinic on the west side of town. It's called Animal Care Alliance. Their # is 765-488-1342 or 765-488-1344. Vet visits are $10 plus any needed meds. Vaccines are $10 each so their rabies plus their combo vaccine would only cost you $20. I think it's about $55 to get a dog neutered there. If you or anyone else is interested in going there just call in advance to make sure they have a vet on duty. It usually takes about 4 weeks or so to get on the surgery list unless it is an emergency. Although males are easier to get on the list because the surgery doesn't take as long.

If you are on Facebook here's their FB link
    Animal Care Alliance - Pet Services - Richmond, IN - Wall | Facebook

BTW the dog in my pic was supposed to be a foster from ACA, I was only going to keep him for the weekend. That was the middle of September, I fell in love & he's still here. He's the worst & best dog wrapped into one.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'll begin by saying, I was not a dog guy. That was before me and my sons went fishing last June and found a sweet little mixed breed puppy wandering alone in the woods. I hesitantly brought her home, and now she is the best dog ever. She loves us and we love her, and she is growing into an excellent watch dog, very protective of us all and she does NOT like strangers coming around. I've probably got $300 in her, not counting what she eats, which is a lot, but it was money well spent.

Good for you for showing compassion to an animal in need!:yesway:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just might be the best decision you ever make and the best money you ever spent. All three of ours are rescued and they make life bearable on days when it doesn't seem to be.

IMG_1324.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You meet some real dumbass people in the Detroit area (South side Pontiac,MI to be exact). Long story short I pulled a 5 month old Pit Bull Terrier puppy out of a crate in a dark basement. They were keeping him in the crate alone in the dark to make him a "beast" My guess is 23 hours a day for weeks now. He's skinny, drinking ALOT of water. A bit shy, but my daughters seem to be babying him up just fine. I'm 12 hours away from a $250 vet bill that I can't afford. I hate going home for the holidays

Good Save! :yesway:

I hope you took a parting shot at the *******s that did that....... and by parting shot I don't mean the verbal variety.... kneecaps come to mind.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Thank you for saving that pup. You won't regret it, spend some time training him and you'll have a great dog. Humane Society can also be a good place for low cost neutering.

And I would have been happy to neuter the previous owner for free! How the F does leaving a puppy in a crate make it mean? Scared, but not mean. Poor baby.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    In September, we were adopted by a (2+- year old) Lab/Aussy Shepard mix at our getaway spot up in Northern Indiana. Whoever let this dog go was an idiot. Sure, my wife was hesitant, but he's fit right in, and he's very content with my other dog, a Border Collie as company. He loves to hunt birds, is not gun shy, is relatively small at 60lbs, and very, very smart.

Yeah, it cost a bit for the vet, and a month of aggravation to make sure he grasped house training, as whoever had him must have had him outdoors, but it was well worth it.

Really goes to show, there are no bad dogs, just worthless owners.

Good luck with your dog!!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    All of ours have been rescues. THe current crop:
    girls_on_the_bed.JPG

The little brown mini-golden looking one is 4. She suffers from "Little dog syndrome" where she thinks she's bigger than she is. The other one is my Bionic dog. She's cost us a fortune. Both knees replaced with cables and screws. She has NO issues getting around. She's 9. Sadly we got bad news 3 weeks ago that she has an inoperable growth on her spleen and is starting to get anemic. It's only a matter of time before the cancer starts to hurt her and we'll have to cross that (hard) bridge when we get there. Until then we enjoy every moment with them.

We have no kids. Took steps to insure that we don't. So to us, these ARE our kids.

acersbull

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Osceola
    People are idiots and it seems to come out more when pit bulls are involved. Good job on the rescue. One of the best dogs I ever had was a pit bull.

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    INMIline, I commend you on the rescue. A$$hats like that should be put in a crate and left the same way. Love the pup, and they'll love you back even more.

I had to put my baby girl down back in August. She was a 15 year old boxer mix. She helped me thru a divorce and some other bad times. Miss that pup every single day.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    All of ours have been rescues. THe current crop:
    girls_on_the_bed.JPG

The little brown mini-golden looking one is 4. She suffers from "Little dog syndrome" where she thinks she's bigger than she is. The other one is my Bionic dog. She's cost us a fortune. Both knees replaced with cables and screws. She has NO issues getting around. She's 9. Sadly we got bad news 3 weeks ago that she has an inoperable growth on her spleen and is starting to get anemic. It's only a matter of time before the cancer starts to hurt her and we'll have to cross that (hard) bridge when we get there. Until then we enjoy every moment with them.

We have no kids. Took steps to insure that we don't. So to us, these ARE our kids.

Holy Crap!! Make the dog on the left a dark chocolate brown, and you've got my two dogs. :D:D:D I like your headboard and footer. They look sturdy. I need that!!;)

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I'm a Pit Bull advocate. I have done this, lets just say a few times. It's just depressing that someone can do this to a dog. I can't keep him because my last rescue was a game male Pit Bull and two males can be asking for trouble. I did find a Pit Bull rescue that will help me keep the costs down. He's a good puppy, real good puppy. He is worth saving.

Top Bottom