• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I was driving down Cassalopis Street today and saw this Elkhart Cruiser sitting in the parking lot of King Wa Chinese restaurant. When I did a double take I noticed that the trunk was open. I told my wife to call the restaurant and let the officers know about the trunk. My wife said just pull in and I will go in and tell them.

As we were pulling in two ladies were coming out and were parked right beside the cruiser. One looked at the trunk and started to head back inside. My wife rolled down the window and asked if they were going in to let the officer know about the trunk lid. She said that she was. She came back out in just less than a minute shaking her head. She said she told the officer and he didn't seem too concerned.

I'm hoping he didn't have anything in there of value or worse yet firearms. I waited about five minutes for him to come out but he never did, so I handed my wife my phone and asked her to snap a couple pictures. She blurred them so I had to pick out the best one.

I haven't eaten there but it must be pretty good if the food was more important than what was in the trunk :dunno:

johnwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2014
    bedford
    Everything is a sting operation! There was a feller on wranglerforum that thought I was working a NFA sting operation. That was amusing.

But yea, that is really weird that he left his trunk open like that. Really hope there wasn't anything important in there :dunno:

good rule of thumb. dont break the law and you dont need to fear a sting

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Come on! It wasn't like the trunk was wide open. Just enough let a perp have a little fresh air. Mans gotta eat before he does a bunch of paperwork.

T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    i had a couple crown vics do that. One would not latch but in the cold you thought it did till you hit a bump. Even when you pulled on it. The other had a short in the wiring and every so often it would pop randomly when the key was on.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    C'mon you guys. It's a city owned vehicle. The most logical answer is it has been hit in the rear end, repaired in the municipal garage, and that is as far as the trunk lid will close. If you look closely, you'll find a bungy cord holding it down.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I can understand the trunk being open by accident but the lack of response is what puzzled me. I was going to call into dispatch and report the trunk lid being open. That way ay least it would have been noted by more than just the officer that it was open.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've been known to close a trunk or two if I see one randomly open "left alone".

I'd have just shut it - or attempted to. And if it wouldn't close, gone in and spoken with the officer.

No need to be all clandestine about it or anything. Just "do a good deed".

Top Bottom