• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Be careful that you don't get addicted to Wilsons or Nighthawks. It's even worse :)
    PS The CT grips are fine.. I put them on anything I carry.. Too farsighted to see the front sight but I see the target just fine. They make a HUGE difference in my accuracy.

dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    Very nice pistol!!! I havent really seen the reason to buy a Kimber pistol yet, especially not for that price, but then again i have never shot one. Is there a difference between a Kimber, Smith, Ruger, Colt, or Springfield???

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My experience is with S&W and Kimber. The Kimber at $1k is definitely built better than the S&W1911PD that I had. But for $250 more it should be. It is very well built and smooth to shoot.
    I have two S&W 1911 Performance Center 1911s that I think are a tick better than the Kimber Raptor. But they go for around 1500, so they should be. They are also 5" not 4" and have adjustable Wilson sights.

Both the Perf Ctr and Kimber have very exact tolerances. All are very accurate and reliable. My only gripe with the Kimber is the need for the stupid tool to disassemble.

Top Bottom