• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Ooooohh!! I'm jealous! I saw one recently (Armslist?) with an asking price less than $500. I was sorely tempted.

Congrats and give range reports! How many mags did you get with it?

634605576004487706wzjwyluh.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I got a factory 6 and two aftermarket 7s. Now I need to find some spacers for the 7s. BTW, this gun is wayyyyyy too cool. Can you tell I'm pumped? The local range doesn't open until Wednesday. Not sure I can make it......

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I would be too. Excellent score!

I'm sure "Mr Detonics" (melensdad) will be along shortly. I think he is paged whenever the word "Detonics" is posted on INGO. I believe he owns an appreciable percentage of the remaining Detonics in North America. :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I would be too. Excellent score!

I'm sure "Mr Detonics" (melensdad) will be along shortly. I think he is paged whenever the word "Detonics" is posted on INGO. I believe he owns an appreciable percentage of the remaining Detonics in North America. :)
    Yes, he gave me invaluable advice during my search phase. +1 and major respect to melensdad.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I regret selling my DETONICS COMBAT MASTER & DETONICS POCKET 9, but I still have my DETONICS SCOREMASTER:rockwoot:You'll be happy with your DETONICS, they're excellent guns

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I thought about a Pocket 9 but I have read that getting parts and accessories is an absolute B****. I watched a video on Youtube that said the Pocket 9 is the Delorean of handguns.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Congrats!! One of the few deals Ive ever gotten from the local Gander Mtn was a BEAUTIFUL Seattle built combat master Mark VI for well below market value. Its freaking sweet, and a handful to shoot, but FUN!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Congrats!! One of the few deals Ive ever gotten from the local Gander Mtn was a BEAUTIFUL Seattle built combat master Mark VI for well below market value. Its freaking sweet, and a handful to shoot, but FUN!
    You are the first person I have read that says they are a handful? I have been told that compared to other compact .45s they have less perceived recoil. I get to take her to the range tomorrow so I guess I will find out for myself.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I can only get 3 fingers on the grip, as I imagine most guys do, and it just seems to have a lot of flip to me. YMMV.

Its also the first handgun Ive seen someone have feed issues with due to 'limp wristing'. Not me, but a friend of mine shot it and had repeated feed issues. I could shoot all day long with no issues. Had him tighten his grip and all was well.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    +1 to Melensdad for helping this idiot learn a few things about his new gun. Like, er, how to reassemble it. Ouch that hurt. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Top Bottom