how would you configure it to carry a pistol most likely walther p22 or g23

superior-spc931.jpg

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I would attach a "strap" and put a clip on holster in there, or as mentioned, foam with another insert over it.

A kind of "hidden" compartment if you will.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    do you think 3m spray adhesive would be strong enough to keep that foam from coming apart if i have it in layers and then to a out line cut out for the gun so i can stuff in the foam?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Some foam has a self peeling layer. Hell, you could even cut down some eggshell foam or and old pillow.

Are you wanting people to not see it when you open it, or do you not care?

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    prefer the gun its self not to be seen. my new job requires me to do alot of traveling and meeting with customers. 90% of the time in Indiana permit friendly states

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    This is what you do. put the foam down on the bottom cut out a say. 8x10 square. Then glue down the foam. In the square, put a velcro strap on the briefcase part, this is where you will strap in your holstered gun. Then get some 8x10 legal pads, and place them in the slot. Then you can carve out other shallow spots to place pens, biz cards, what have yous. When you open it, just say you like having things organized and in order, also you hate the sound of pens rolling around inside. which is why you have the foam.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    This is what you do. put the foam down on the bottom cut out a say. 8x10 square. Then glue down the foam. In the square, put a velcro strap on the briefcase part, this is where you will strap in your holstered gun. Then get some 8x10 legal pads, and place them in the slot. Then you can carve out other shallow spots to place pens, biz cards, what have yous. When you open it, just say you like having things organized and in order, also you hate the sound of pens rolling around inside. which is why you have the foam.

i like

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    also on a second thought. this may look really good to your clients

"wow, this guy takes organization seriously, he obviously cares about his job, so i have nothing to worry about with this guy."

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    if you are going to be opening this with the possibility of clients seeing inside, get a thick enough book and glue it to the bottom, then open cover and several pages, lay the gun on the book and trace around it, cut traced lines deep enough to hide gun, drop gun in shut cover and nobody the wiser. i guess i saw too many perry masons and such where the same thing was done to a book sitting on a shelf in a library.

rethinking that, the book would not even need to glued to bottom of case, and pick something that will not impress your c lients so they wont want to see it. maybe the gun blue book, might be large enough.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    First I was going to go into the foam cutting procedures that aid my Pelican case interests (obsession.) However, since this will actually do double-duty as a real briefcase, then you're not going to want it packed with too much foam.

Don't over think this: Take a matching nylon case... something soft. Maybe a goodwill camera case. Cut a hard plastic back for the back of the camera case. Kydex, whatever. Any reasonably thick plastic scrap. Now, pick up a $4 spool of harness thread at the Tandy leather store along with a couple of harness needles. Sew the plastic back on the case.

Stop.

Strip away enough of the briefcase upholstered interior until you have a inner surface of the bare metal rectangle. Clean surface.

Stop.

Buy some of this. It holds incredible amounts of weight with amazing adhesive properties.

3M SJ3560

Adhesive the strips to both the new plastic backing of your nylon case and the bare metal surface cutout on the interior of your briefcase. Attach. It is NOT going to easily detach. Opening up the briefcase and, if you've done your job with the correct inner case that holds the pistol, no one will be the wiser.

Top Bottom