• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    My family and my brothers family recently returned from a trip to our neighbor to the east, Ohio. I couldn't carry and this bothered me as I was carrying cash and we stayed in or around Columbus/Cincinnati area, the service at every restaurant we went to besides a Waffle House was absolutely terrible I didn't leave a tip a few times, they must use different units of measurement for MPH as well, 65 mph was posted, but everyone was going 50 (semi's) and 55, not only that, they didn't seem to be able to negotiate the interstate lanes either. The driving in general was ridiculous by just about everyone. The only people that seemed to know what the hell was going on didn't speak English, or very limited English. The hotels were disgusting, never seen mold on an ice machine before. Kings Island was nice though, not the resort, the actual theme park.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Ohio jsust changed the laws last year on speed limit's for semi's and are always rough on semi drivers for speeding...i mean 3 over and half the time you were getting a ticket....probably still have some drivers a little shy about speed......I have never seen it posted, for a semi over 60mph

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    In my travel experiences, Buckeyes do not generally know how to merge. They hit the on ramp, pick up speed to the *almost* point of no return...then slam on the breaks and wait.
    Drives me batty.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Ohio jsust changed the laws last year on speed limit's for semi's and are always rough on semi drivers for speeding...i mean 3 over and half the time you were getting a ticket....probably still have some drivers a little shy about speed......I have never seen it posted, for a semi over 60mph

I get that about the semi drivers, but why was every Ohio driver going 55 when the clearly posted sign said 65? We weren't in construction zones or anything like that.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Or if you are an operator you can carry in Ohio without a permit.
    I hear tell some people have been known to do that..... even if it is against the law. :n00b:
    Seems to me i've heard about this somewhere.Those operators sure get to do all the cool stuff. :cool:

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    My family and my brothers family recently returned from a trip to our neighbor to the east, Ohio. I couldn't carry and this bothered me as I was carrying cash and we stayed in or around Columbus/Cincinnati area, the service at every restaurant we went to besides a Waffle House was absolutely terrible I didn't leave a tip a few times, they must use different units of measurement for MPH as well, 65 mph was posted, but everyone was going 50 (semi's) and 55, not only that, they didn't seem to be able to negotiate the interstate lanes either. The driving in general was ridiculous by just about everyone. The only people that seemed to know what the hell was going on didn't speak English, or very limited English. The hotels were disgusting, never seen mold on an ice machine before. Kings Island was nice though, not the resort, the actual theme park.

"Waffle House was absolutely terrible" :D:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's always been terrible. These are not places for the faint of heart. People have dirty nasty sloppy sex on the tables late at night. It's probably a good thing you didn't bring home any cooties or any meth contamination.

"I didn't leave a tip a few times"

And they didn't spit in your food either. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cincinnati traffic is always jacked up. Just be glad you survived. I did it once a week a few years ago and you just have to be thankful you survived it. It must be the river water they drink. Run the gaunlet. Run the gaunlet.

English, ice machine, mold. Um, er, ah...let me get the manager...:D

Kings Island is in another town, technically. I'm glad you like it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Know how the buckeyes can tell if you are from out of town? You're the one using turn signals. Hamilton Co Ohio has the worst drivers in the whole country.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    If, you think that is bad, try Dayton..... :twocents:

Top Bottom