• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I am looking to buy a good trail came for not a lot of money. Can you give me some ideas on which ones you like and why? Do you think it is to late in the year for me to put one up now? I am headed down to my hunting property this weekend to double check my stands and shooting lanes. If I install a camera now could it mess up my hunting next weekend? Thanks in advance.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I am looking to buy a good trail came for not a lot of money. Can you give me some ideas on which ones you like and why? Do you think it is to late in the year for me to put one up now? I am headed down to my hunting property this weekend to double check my stands and shooting lanes. If I install a camera now could it mess up my hunting next weekend? Thanks in advance.

I don't think it's to late but I also don't read what the "experts" say. What is your price? I got a Bushnell from commie-mart for about $200 and it works great. Some people have been using the Wildgame Innovations and they seem to do pretty good also.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I bought some of the Wildgame Innovations Micro 6 Red cameras. They are small, easy to use, and take good pictures. I bought mine at a place in Ohio that had them on sale for $90 each. I think it was called Buckeye Outdoors in Hebron, Ohio. Bass Pro Shops near Louisville has the same camera for like $135:(

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I purchased a Scout Guard a few weeks ago. This camera sends cell phone pics in 30 seconds to your cell phone and even sends them to your email.
    But, that darn thing only has a motion range after dark of about 10ft. This camera sucks.
    Around $500 for the camera and cell phone sim card.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    I would like to keep the price range around $150-$200. I will have to check out the walmart and see what they have. Thanks

Stay away from Moultrie, they have one of the worst trigger times from sleep mode of all of them. I have a D55 which I don't even put out much.

I do like Primos cameras and have a few of them. I recently saw some Primos 46s for $99/walmart which is an awesome deal.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a tasco 5mp from Walmart. It is serviceable, it takes good enough photos. I might be missing the deer running at 100 MPH but I'm satisfied. It was only $60 I think and I bought it with a safety gift card from work.

jsr77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Clinton Co.
    Bushnell & Cuddeback are my favorite, but can get expensive. Several friends are using the Wild Game Innovation cameras. Cheaper, picture quality still fair, find them anywhere. Now's a good time to catch some activity!

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    This is my Bushnell from Wally.

2hoae7o.jpg

rao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    I purchased a number of the moultrie trail cams and have had good luck with clear pics. However, if the lighting isn't great the color cameras will take black and white photos. I took some to Canada last year and got some great bear pics at night. The night shots, while black & white were great! Cameras cost around $125 if you catch them on sale. Got mine from Gander Mtn.

Top Bottom