• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OlBluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    I bought this Benchmade Presidio Mini (hopefully its pictured below) and have just a quick question. This blade is sort of tight with regard to flipping open via the thumb stud or using the axis lock and a wrist flip. I'm assuming aside from adding some lube at the joint I can loosen the screw in the middle of the joint? I'm wondering if I need to loosen both sides or just one side? How much should I looosen it? Thanks for your help in advance guys.

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af333/olbluesmoke/Knife001.jpg

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af333/olbluesmoke/Knife002.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture quality...ugh...have to do better next time.

OlBluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Oh and I got what looks like a good deal on this knife...Benchmade lists the Presidio Mini at 90.00 and at MC sports here in Bloomington they were on clearance for 59.00 a piece...so I bought two.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Just bought a new Benchmade 551 and disassembled/cleaned it first thing. Relubed it with SlideGlide and put a drop of blue LOCTITE (242) on the pivot bolt to keep the blade at the desired tightness.

OlBluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    I didn't see any reason to disassemble to whole knife and loosening the screw at the pivot point worked just fine. Benchmade says that if you disassemble they will void the warranty...not sure how they would know though unless it was blatantly obvious, like you forgot to put the blade back in between the scales and sent it to them. :dunno:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I didn't see any reason to disassemble to whole knife and loosening the screw at the pivot point worked just fine. Benchmade says that if you disassemble they will void the warranty...not sure how they would know though unless it was blatantly obvious, like you forgot to put the blade back in between the scales and sent it to them. :dunno:

i like it when people send a ziplock baggy back to people and say "this has lock play. i can't get it back together.... can you fix it and return it? on your dime, because it was jacked when i bought it."....:xmad:

some of the stuff people pull is AMAZING!

Rflix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Downtown
    I have a semi related question. I acquired a Benchmade folder and it was also tight to open at first. After regular use I now have a problem with the pivot screw continuously loosening on its own, which if not for the pocket clip, the screw would have probably just fallen out a while ago. Is this normal or some manufacturer's defect? Will Loctite remedy this? I ask because I'm not to familiar with the assembly of folders, I've always used a less expensive fixed blade for any jobs that came along.

Top Bottom