I heard a rumor of a range shut down....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Like I said, it is just a rumor but someone told me that a range in Huntington got shut down for safety reasons/complaints. What are the possibilities? It can't be Roush Reservoir. The nearest range to that that I can think of is Hillside.....last time I was there they were REAL jumpy about the where's and how's to shoot and they said they have had some complaints. Anyone know anything about this?

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Guys, don't get me wrong, I LOVE shooting at Hillside. A little expensive but worth it. Again, I am just feeling out this rumor. If not Roush or Hillside, are there any other ranges around Huntington area?

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    DNR poured a boat load of money into Huntington to improve it. I can't imagine what concern it poses that would shut it down. Goodness, I hope we don't have to go back to shooting through those concrete tubes. That was the worst. :noway:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    DNR poured a boat load of money into Huntington to improve it. I can't imagine what concern it poses that would shut it down. Goodness, I hope we don't have to go back to shooting through those concrete tubes. That was the worst. :noway:

I fired a ported 45/70 through one of those tubes, that's a mistake you will only make once. I haven't been to Roush range for awhile, but they did a great job with it.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011

Was going to ask about them. Been several years since shooting there and we were out hunting and kept hearing this really strange sound and couldn't figure out what was. When we finally showed up at the range found out what sound was. Like looking down a telescope to shoot.

The only good thing about them awful things were didn't need ear protection standing down from the shooter.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom