• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I am in the process of selling a class three weapon, and the agent in charge of approving the transfer called me with some questions. I had to explain the law and regulations to him, as I answered his questions. Then he told me that he didn't think the transferee couldn't get the weapon because he didn't have a class three - just a collectors license. I had to explain that it is a WWII weapon, and it IS a curio and relic. He replied "oh yeah, we have a book I can look it up in". I told him that the book will say ANY military weapon manufactured before 1946 is a Curio and Relic. I think they need a little more education on their end.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    More education would be a waste of time. Remember what they say about pigs and singing. Nope, the BATFU needs to be disbanded and all their regs and rules done away with. That's the real answer.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I am in the process of selling a class three weapon, and the agent in charge of approving the transfer called me with some questions. I had to explain the law and regulations to him, as I answered his questions. Then he told me that he didn't think the transferee couldn't get the weapon because he didn't have a class three - just a collectors license. I had to explain that it is a WWII weapon, and it IS a curio and relic. He replied "oh yeah, we have a book I can look it up in". I told him that the book will say ANY military weapon manufactured before 1946 is a Curio and Relic. I think they need a little more education on their end.

Well, at least he sounds like an uneducated person who was willing to be taught. Hopefully, he will run into others like you, who are willing to explain the law and not chew him out. It's also good that he didn't get someone who would say, "Oh, okay, you are the government, so you must be right." You should have invited him to :ingo:.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    More education would be a waste of time. Remember what they say about pigs and singing. Nope, the BATFU needs to be disbanded and all their regs and rules done away with. That's the real answer.
    Amen. The fact that they need to be educated about their own unconstitutional regulations speaks volumes.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yep, when I started my job I didn't need any help or have to ask any questions. Obviously he was just hoping to trample on his rights.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Yep, when I started my job I didn't need any help or have to ask any questions. Obviously he was just hoping to trample on his rights.

Its not the need to ask question i have a problem with. That seems like something that should have been directed to another investigatior, not to someone that is doing the buying and selling.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Has this forum degraded to the point of calling law enforcment pigs? Can we not have the slightest amount of respect?

I agree that they need to be disbanded, but pigs? Come on.....
    Ummm...apparently you're deficient in your parables. It's a reference to teaching pigs to sing, not his status as an enforcer. :rolleyes:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Ummm...apparently you're deficient in your parables. It's a reference to teaching pigs to sing, not his status as an enforcer. :rolleyes:

I tend to get worked up on the topic, and I misunderstood the reference. I do apologize and edited my post to reflect that.

I just think we are just as at fault for not showing them respect and they are for not showing it back. But I misunderstood the reference, and ill admit that. I will contend that its easily drawn conclusion to go from talking about BATFE and teaching pigs to sing (from my original mindset a clear reference to the BATFE). If that wasnt your intention than I do apologize.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Well, at least he sounds like an uneducated person who was willing to be taught. Hopefully, he will run into others like you, who are willing to explain the law and not chew him out. It's also good that he didn't get someone who would say, "Oh, okay, you are the government, so you must be right." You should have invited him to :ingo:.

With some of the stupid crap people say on here, I would think having BATF around would be a bad idea, and a real PITA for those of you in the "management team".

On the other hand, it could make things a little bit more entertaining around here. Every time some moron spouted off, we could expect a follow up thread involving their door getting kicked in and their dog shot.

Gaffshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Every person that I have dealt with from the ATF has been very helpful and friendly.

Even if the gun is a C&R, if it is a machine gun they still have to go throught the form 4 unless it was built before 1880-something. A machine gun is a machine gun. Why did they say he couldn't have it? Were you guys trying to transfer it only as a C&R and not a machine gun?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Every person that I have dealt with from the ATF has been very helpful and friendly.

Even if the gun is a C&R, if it is a machine gun they still have to go throught the form 4 unless it was built before 1880-something. A machine gun is a machine gun. Why did they say he couldn't have it? Were you guys trying to transfer it only as a C&R and not a machine gun?

No, a C&R machine gun, though transferred in the usual procedure, can be shipped directly to a C&R FFL holder without going to a Class 3 dealer.

Top Bottom