• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    I just ordered replacement parts for my old 1906 winchester .22 pump rifle.
    I have known for years that a few parts were missing, a broken leaf spring that holds down the loading tray, and replacing two missing screws, one in the forarm slide, and one that is listed as a fireing pin stop screw. The rifle is all original, and I havent shot it for years. I was thinking of it today and decided to see if I could find these parts. I was able to track them down at Numrich gun parts, they had the original Winchester parts. This rifle was handed down to me by the guy who bought it new for 18.95 back when he was 11 years old. When the parts arrive I will install them and take the old rifle out and shoot it, the memories are brought back by this old rifle makes me smile. This was the first rifle I shot, I think I was about 9 at the time, my dad and his fishing partner would take me on there all night fishing expeditions, and I shot many a turtle, and beer bottle with that rifle. Dad and the old guy us kids called Daddy George, would laugh at the way I could hit any target they found for me to shoot at. This little rifle was given to me when George was in his 80's and he died the next year. The old rifle had a cracked stock that was repaired buy wrapping it with black cloth tape, it was like that as long as I remember, I repaired the stock first year I had the rifle. I tought my son and grandson to shoot with it, and it will be passed on the one of them in a few more years, I am 72 now, and still buying guns. This little rifle started it all.
    Bill...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Congrats on getting the old girl fixed. I have an old Winchester 1890, 2nd gen pump .22 and I love plinking with it. When I take it to family functions, it's always the one everyone wants to shoot because it is so accurate, solid and easy to shoot. Gotta love those old Winchesters.

Top Bottom