• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    took the wife out to the range this morning for a little trigger time with her new Sig P238.

I am a Glock and 1911 guy, but I have to admit that I like the Sig. We put 100 rounds of WWB through it without a single malfunction, which surprised me a little. My wife was able to work the slide easily and she was quick at picking up how to use it, instead of having me reload the mags, drop the slide, etc.

I have fired a few .380 pistols, including the LCP, the P3AT and the Bersa .380. The first two were very unpleasant to fire in my opinion. The triggers sucked and the recoil wass quite snappy. The Bersa had a much better trigger and was way more accurate. but i think the Sig beats them all (and for what it cost, it damn well should
    smile.gif
    ).

the Sig seems like it is based on the 1911 design, so it felt quite familiar to me. And even for a small handgun, it fits quite comfortably in my hands and points naturally. It has real sights on it, not just low profile cutouts like many mouse guns. The trigger is similar to a 1911- a nice smooth single action pull; not quite as good as my SA Loaded, but shoulders above the LCP/P3AT. And the safety is like a 1911, which i far prefer over the Bersa's Beretta 92-style safety.

at 25 yards, i was on paper..which is good for me, especially with a 3 inch barrel. at the 5 to 10 yard range, which is far closer than SD range, this gun is dead on. At SD range of 1-7 feet, i think you would be hard pressed to miss. And unlike the LCP and P3AT, the recoil is minimal; there was hardly any muzzle climb and reset was easy to achieve.

I have never been a Sig fan, but this little gun might just change my mind.

this little guy has impressed me.
    20110606185448.jpg

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    mine was about $600 because i wanted the wood grips and tritium night sights. i admit i have seen them cheaper online, but Mark (shooter) at Bradis has been very good to me these past few weeks relative to my Ar-15s and I thought I would give him the business. Plus, I was able to take it home right away. :)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    That's not bad at all for that setup. And yes, they are nice. But they're really just copies of a Colt Mustang, with a few Sig touches thrown in. One quality gunmaker copying another quality gunmaker... hmmm....
    Any hoo, I strongly encourage you to try out a 226 or a 229, or even a skeeter. If you think the Glock koolaid is some strong stuff... whew!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Yes it is a mustang copy. Just like my Loaded is a copy. And all the ARs out there. And the m&p and... ;)

But the wife handled the sig and liked it. If she'll carry I'm happy.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Good deal! I was quite impressed with the accuracy and "shootability" of the sample I tried (although not the reliability; it was a customer's gun that I was troubleshooting, and SIG-Sauer ended up replacing it entirely). Glad to hear yours is treating you well.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    As I understand it Sig actually licensed the Pocketlite plans from Colt.

I doubt that's the case. The Mustang design is old enough that any patents that might have existed are expired by now. And even if they weren't, why would Colt license the design to SIG, when they plan to re-introduce the Mustang in the near future?

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Nice! One of my buddies let me shoot one of those. Nice firearm. Made me really want a sig (pro 2022 because im poor :laugh: )

mmorph55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Lafayette
    LCP to P238

I went fro. The LCP to the P238 and am never going back. It is unbelieveable how one ( LCP) can be unconfortable to shoot after a few rounds to shooting over a couple hundred in a sitting usingq the Sig.

NDgolfer13

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Avon
    Congrats on seeing the light...I really like my P225. A few months ago I bought a like new P225 because I was looking for a single stack 9mm. I have really enjoyed this gun. They seem to be built like tanks (or bullet proof [pun intended]) and shoot very well. I don't think you can go wrong with a Sig.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I'm glad that you seem to have received a good one but, for the majority, the P238 has been yet another Sig disaster. The Sig Sauer of 15-20 years ago made the best handguns in the industry. That cannot be said today. The Kimberization of Sig is well underway and is destroying the once proud name.

Top Bottom