• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Looking for a new pair of boots for work, as the ones I have are only 6 inch and I would like more ankle support.

What I need is something black, POLISHABLE, 8-10 inch (this sounds bad already), non-slip, and waterproof.

Ive been looking at Galls, and 5.11 so far but nothing with good reviews.

I have up to $80 to pay for these, so save me some money if possible

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Thats a pretty low budget if you expect to get all those features, and still have a boot that is comfortable.

I’ve been wearing these Danner’s for the past few years and they are just as comfortable as my tennis shoes.

Danner - Striker? II 45 GTX® Uniform Boots - Boots

I’ve also heard good things about these:

HAIX Airpower X1 U.S. - Rescue Boots and Station Boots, HAIX-BOOTSTORE.COM

Unfortunately, both are WAY out of your price range. I’ve learned over the years, that if I want my feet to feel good at the end of my shift then I’m going to have to pay some $$$ for decent boots.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    $80 is simply my reimbursement. Im not opposed to spending more if they are worth it.

And to add I do get 25% of 5.11 boots but most reviews say they crack, or the soles blow out in a few months of regular wear

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Looking for a new pair of boots for work, as the ones I have are only 6 inch and I would like more ankle support.

What I need is something black, POLISHABLE, 8-10 inch (this sounds bad already), non-slip, and waterproof.

:laugh:
    Also at first at first I tought the tread was called "I need boobs!".
    $80 would be really cheap for a boob job. :dunno:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    You sound like a pair of wall mart boots are in your price range. 80 DOLLARS FOR 8-10 INCH BOOTS and you are in the bottom teir of the boots in price.

I would just remove polishable and add comfortable and another 100 dollars. Look for the jack or lumberjack/linemans boots.

Timberland just got bought out, I expect to see some sales on the brand as things change out. You will not get the hard use out of the timberlands (about 2 years for me) but they have the comfort and the composite toe's required for me at a cheap price.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

My wife bought me 2 pairs of water-proof non-slip boots from SKECHERS for $75 for both pairs

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    You sound like a pair of wall mart boots are in your price range. 80 DOLLARS FOR 8-10 INCH BOOTS and you are in the bottom teir of the boots in price.

I would just remove polishable and add comfortable and another 100 dollars. Look for the jack or lumberjack/linemans boots.

Timberland just got bought out, I expect to see some sales on the brand as things change out. You will not get the hard use out of the timberlands (about 2 years for me) but they have the comfort and the composite toe's required for me at a cheap price.

My Stepdaughter works for Timberland in their marketing dpt. According to her, all the higher ups are saying the buy out was not a piracy deal and the new owners want to continue with the same business model, styles, etc. So I wouldnt look for those massive close outs very hard. :twocents:

As for boots, I've had good wear out of Rocky's over the years, but you'll spend at least $150

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I just bought a pair of these. I wore them all day a few days ago, and I expected my feet to be all sweaty and funky when I pulled them off. No dice. They were dry and so were the insoles. They're more than you're asking for, but they're worth it.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Thats a pretty low budget if you expect to get all those features, and still have a boot that is comfortable.

I’ve been wearing these Danner’s for the past few years and they are just as comfortable as my tennis shoes.

Danner - Striker? II 45 GTX® Uniform Boots - Boots

Unfortunately, both are WAY out of your price range. I’ve learned over the years, that if I want my feet to feel good at the end of my shift then I’m going to have to pay some $$$ for decent boots.

I agree with spending the $ for the better boot, they last longer, and are more comfortable all around. I have a pair of the Strikers that I wear around home and a pair of these for "outdoors"
    Danner - Grouse? Hunting Boots - Boots

These are the same thing in black with a different sole,
    Danner - Acadia® Mens/Womens Uniform Boots - Boots

More than you want to pay probably but you'd never be sorry you did.

Top Bottom