• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hey fellas, i've got an issue here. I tried weekend before last to efile a form 1 for an sbr. However, it will not let me upload my trust. I've scanned it in and it's 3.2 MB which the webpage shows me it's too large to be uploaded. However, it also won't let me use a compressed file. I sent an email asking for help and haven't gotten a response. With all of this executive action talk with changing how the trust work I want to get two of them filed now rather than later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Have you made a PDF out of it? What format is the file in? That seems awful large for a few pages of text. Is it possible that you scanned it as a tiff file?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Have you made a PDF out of it? What format is the file in? That seems awful large for a few pages of text. Is it possible that you scanned it as a tiff file?

It's a PDF. From scouring google it seems that I scanned it at too high of a resolution. However I am currently on vacation and can't go home and rescan it! I may be SOL and stuck until I go home. I'll just have to hope and pray that any changes handed down won't effect it too much!

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    It's a PDF. From scouring google it seems that I scanned it at too high of a resolution. However I am currently on vacation and can't go home and rescan it! I may be SOL and stuck until I go home. I'll just have to hope and pray that any changes handed down won't effect it too much!

I'd be more than happy to resize it for you if that helps. I'd have to do it at work tomorrow. Shoot me a pm if interested.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Split it up in to 2(or more) PDF's. I had to split mine in to 2 files to get under the file size limit.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I do pretty much everything from my phone. I tried a couple of Apps that would convert the files with no luck. I ended up just sending photos from my phone of each page. It was a piece of cake and the stamps are back.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Mine is in three high quailty PDFs. I also found a website online that allows you to compress a PDF to a smaller size.

Just split up the document into multiple....

Trust_1.pdf
    Trust_2.pdf
    Trust_3.pdf
    etc.....

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

You can also download a PDF Printer. Maybe if you print it as another PDF you can get the resolution of the file down a bit.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Bullet Smith hooked me up and dropped the resolution for me and I got one filed this morning... I am doing a second now!

Top Bottom