I need new camo.....Anyone use Mothwing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    The other day while sitting in the stand with Que, I was checking out his new camo clothing and then realized that my camo was old (7 to 8 years old) and out of date/style compared to some of the "newer" camo patterns out there. So, I have been doing a little research and have talked to a few buddies of mine that I respect as serious hunter. A couple of them suggested Mothwing camo in the Fall Mimicry 2.0 pattern. After finding a few pictures of this camo pattern, I really think it's the closest thing to the colors in the area I hunt.

Anyone using this camo pattern? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I dont use the Mothwing but my all time fav is the Apparition Skyline Camo.
    1138913037.jpg

1138913374.jpg

1138831585.jpg

1138829338.jpg

and thats just a few.

Skyline makes some great patterns in my opinion.
    Check it out.... skylinecamo.com

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Well I didn't want this thread to die, so back to the top. I checked out the Mothwing Camo website, I guess I'm not all that impressed with their patterns. No offense Brad.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I also looked at the Mothwing stuff, and wasn't all that impressed. I hunt from a blind instead of a tree stand, and have a leafy suit that works really well for most things. I've been thinking of getting a suit that fits the later months better, and I think I've found what I want at the link below--you might or might not find that to be what you'd like. :twocents:

RedHead® 3D Evolution® Suits for Men | Bass Pro Shops

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Well I didn't want this thread to die, so back to the top. I checked out the Mothwing Camo website, I guess I'm not all that impressed with their patterns. No offense Brad.

No offense taken....I started this thread for peoples opinions and they are not all going to agree or disagree with mine.

I understand what your saying by just looking at the their website. I also was not that impressed either, but now I have seen it in person and I really like it. :twocents:

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I also have the Scentlocker leafy camo. I have two suits, a xtra large for when the weather is mild and the other is 3XL so I can wear it over my winter stuff.
    I also have bibs that are The Naked North brand camos, they are nice for cold weather.
    I have the Ten X gore tex rain suit for wet weather. This set is worth every penny I paid for it. Want to be dry? The 10 X stuff is good!

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    The other day while sitting in the stand with Que, I was checking out his new camo clothing and then realized that my camo was old (7 to 8 years old) and out of date/style compared to some of the "newer" camo patterns out there. So, I have been doing a little research and have talked to a few buddies of mine that I respect as serious hunter. A couple of them suggested Mothwing camo in the Fall Mimicry 2.0 pattern. After finding a few pictures of this camo pattern, I really think it's the closest thing to the colors in the area I hunt.

Anyone using this camo pattern? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Brad....for you, I'd recommend just one brand: Camobooty :: Camouflage Apparel:: The camo you want to be seen in - Home :D

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Brad you could pull double duty with A-TACS camo - tacticool hunter!

atacs-11x111.jpg

d738be9e-2e3d-4261-bcb5-37a3c7a357c6.jpg

They're making a foliage green version too, rather than just the tan/grey version.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

:laugh:

Brad you could pull double duty with A-TACS camo - tacticool hunter!

atacs-11x111.jpg

d738be9e-2e3d-4261-bcb5-37a3c7a357c6.jpg

They're making a foliage green version too, rather than just the tan/grey version.

I like that...I'll have to see if I can find some that I can see in person. Thanks!

Note: I don't care if it's tacticool or not, I'd wear pink if it was the best color to hunt in. :):

Last edited:

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    My camo is seeing some years as well, and I'm considering purchasing something new before next season. I've been looking at the Vertigo pattern, and my sister's boyfriend killing two great bucks this season with it on has only piqued my interest. He took a large 8-pointer on his property on the opening morning of firearms season, and a really great 10-pointer on the Crane base with his bow.

Top Bottom