I want to look through an Eotech EXPS3 or similar.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Hello all.

I'm considering purchasing an Eotech EXPS3-2 for my AR rifle, however I'd like to physically look through one and see how the reticle looks, before I spend the money.

In my research I see many complain about fuzzy or pixelated reticles, and that this is normal? I'd just like to physically see this for myself, I'm not sure pictures on the internet will suffice since I wear glasses for my nearsightedness and astigmatism.

I've looked through plenty of regular red dots, but never holographic sights.

If anyone in or near New Castle would be willing to let me see through an Eotech sight, I'd greatly appreciate the opportunity. PM me if interested. Thanks!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'm in Rushville and have an Eotech 512 on one of my ARs. If nobody closer offers one up, send me a PM, and we'll make it happen.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Thanks for the offer. I had a friend in town tell me he has one, however his has a green reticle. I had planned on sticking with red myself, so I might still ask to see yours. I'll let you know.

I'm in Rushville and have an Eotech 512 on one of my ARs. If nobody closer offers one up, send me a PM, and we'll make it happen.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Thanks for the offer. I had a friend in town tell me he has one, however his has a green reticle. I had planned on sticking with red myself, so I might still ask to see yours. I'll let you know.

In my experience the red and green reticle both do what you are trying to look at. I prefer the eotechs over anything and I have astigmatism in my eyes. If you focus on the target and not the reticle, its not noticeable. Also, the eotech reticle looks amazing under NV. ITs just like the video games.... LOL

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    That's what I've read.

Anyone have any comments about the -2 reticle? I figured the 2nd dot would be handy for long shots. I would probably eventually get a magnifier too.

I considered the -4 4 dot version, but worried it'd look too busy at no magnification, and i assumed guesstimating between 2 dots would be good enough for shots between the 50/200 & 500 yard dots.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'm a newer 512 owner and was originally bothered by the Pixelated circle. Now that I've used it a few times the circle is just different but not bothersome. The center dot is sharp and small allowing for greater precision than larger dots and less flaring with my uncorrected astigmatism.

With .223/5.56, if you sight it in according to their advise, the dot is pretty much on from 50-200 yards and the bottom of the circle is on the mark at 7.5 yards.

Short version...if your first reaction is "whats this crap", use it a while to give them a chance.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    We ran EO Yechs on my agency MP 5s. My experience While they were good as a sighting system they were also on the fragile side. Had several get damaged beyone repairs when struck with sim rounds and bumping on doorways, vehicles etc which happens time to time.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    What's your preference on an ar sight?

We ran EO Yechs on my agency MP 5s. My experience While they were good as a sighting system they were also on the fragile side. Had several get damaged beyone repairs when struck with sim rounds and bumping on doorways, vehicles etc which happens time to time.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I personally like and have had great experiences with several flavors of Aimpoints. So I have to say they are my favorite. I particularly like the newer Patrol Rifle Optic. I'd really like to get my hands on the LAV Micro T 2 but it's around a grand. I've used a Trijicon ACOG before I retired from the Military. It was OK but I'm not big on magnified even low power optics on ARs. I toyed with a Sig Romeo 5 a fellow instructor had on his personal AR. It seemed pretty decent but I can't comment on durability as it I shot it on our lunch hour between qualifying.

Top Bottom