• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    No Worries. Chucks got our back! :boxing:

I like the color blue. Not a very attractive color for a helmet though.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have seen some buzz on the net about how the treaty really isn't dead and still a threat. But I consider the UN itself a threat and so as long as the UN exists due to its corruption and incompetence it will always be a threat to the US.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't usually read WND or other "rag mag", grocery-store-checkout publications, and I'm really not sure why I did this one. I'm glad I did, however, in this case. I found some of the comments interesting below the article, some (IMHO correctly) saying we need to get the US out of the UN and vice versa, some (IMHO incorrectly) saying the UN treaty has nothing to do with privately-held arms and/or ammo, etc., a :facepalm: or two, such as the guy who "can't wait for some bozo" to come try to take his gun.... really? You can't wait for the opportunity to shoot at someone? This is the kind of post that makes us look like the Left's stereotype.

And finally, buried down at the bottom, the post that describes that "the word is" that the CIA is infiltrated into the street gangs and will use them, not soldiers and LEOs, when the word is given to collect guns from the rest of us.

You have my attention.

OK, so this is one guy's post on a rag-mag site at the bottom of an article, but as I give it some (probably too much) thought, it's feasible. An unlimited army, turned loose on a society that many might feel has rejected them, not bound by any laws and then in fact given carte blanche to, a la Blazing Saddles, "go do that voodoo that (they) do so well"

While I never want to have to draw on, let alone shoot another human being, given the hypothetical that someone IS going house to house and collecting guns from the public, I've got to come down on preferring it to be gangbangers... Given that either side would be following unConstitutional orders and would already be unlawfully intruding into my home, I'd have fewer compunctions about shooting a 'banger than I would someone in uniform, someone who has dedicated his life to upholding the law, but who is now placed in the unenviable position of breaking it.... maybe by bad/false intel, maybe by an unknown-to-me threat to his livelihood or family, I don't know, but for whatever reason, this is a guy who's trying to do the right thing and has gotten on the wrong track. I don't think that's a crime deserving of the loss of his life (though admittedly, I'm not gonna be able to sit down over :coffee: with him to discuss the matter. :dunno:)
    There's also the possibly-mistaken idea on my part that the bangers wouldn't be as well-equipped as the troops would be. I don't know that they'd eschew armor as being too much like the police or if they'd come at it practically as being there to protect them from us... if it was even offered.

Too many variables here, but the basic concept of that being the "army" that comes is what has me thinking... again, possibly overthinking, but there it is.

FWIW, I agree with the stated concept: Get the US out of the UN and get the UN out of the US.

Blessings,
    Bill

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The UN is only a problem if you pay attention to any of its decrees, etc.

Ignore it (and defund) and it will go away.

BTW, does the UN pay property tax on its NYC HQ? THAT could pay for a lot of school lunches.

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Last time I checked, Americans were responsible for making our own laws. We do not invite foreign nations to have a say in how we govern ourselves within our own borders.

+1

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And finally, buried down at the bottom, the post that describes that "the word is" that the CIA is infiltrated into the street gangs and will use them, not soldiers and LEOs, when the word is given to collect guns from the rest of us.

You have my attention.

OK, so this is one guy's post on a rag-mag site at the bottom of an article, but as I give it some (probably too much) thought, it's feasible. An unlimited army, turned loose on a society that many might feel has rejected them, not bound by any laws and then in fact given carte blanche to, a la Blazing Saddles, "go do that voodoo that (they) do so well"

In my experience most agency people are patriotic Americans. They may bend some rules occasionally, but usually that has been to keep America and Americans safe and against foreign interests. I may be wrong and God help me if I am, but I don't think CIA would participate in such an unconstitutional round up.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

BoR, as a man of reason certainly you find this to be sheer Turner Diaries nonsense.

Street gangs? Umm, as one who has worked for members of street gangs they could not organize a lemonstand on the 4th of July.

CIA? What? They are going to write a bunch of reports that all conflict with each other and then sit around arguing about whose report was correct after the fact.

We are winning, in decisive terms. The UN treaty is a lame attempt to take "gun control" supranational. It will fail.

Assume arguendo that the worst case scenario comes true. Peasants make AK-47s on flat rocks. What can a population base as educated and as wealthy as the USA produce?

Soon we will click a mouse and have whatever firearm we desire from cyberspace. How will the regulate that?:laugh:

The proper response to the UN (and to fear) is to laugh. Nothing deserves laughter more than a UN bureaucrat.:D

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    We are winning, in decisive terms. The UN treaty is a lame attempt to take "gun control" supranational. It will fail.

The proper response to the UN (and to fear) is to laugh. Nothing deserves laughter more than a UN bureaucrat.:D
    :D
    Set you down this,
    And say besides that in Aleppo once,
    Where a malignant and urbane cur
    Beat a Venetian and traduced the state,
    The Bard of Barristers took by th’ throat the communized dog
    And smote him thus.
    :):
    (apologies to the original author)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom